Why me? Did I do something wrong?

"Mate"

The word let my mouth, making me sound breathless, and in a daze. Kylie howled in delight and pain, but I didn't understand. He was our mate, wasn't she supposed to love him?

I've been waiting forever, just so I could meet that one special guy, the guy who would turn into my whole world. I would revolve around him, and he would revolve around me. Soul mates, we complete each other.

But why, oh why! Did it really have to be Alpha Josh???

No matter what happened in the past, I would be practically forced to love him undeniably now. There was no denying the obvious bond that had formed as soon as my eyes snapped to his. Quicker than the blink if an eye, I had fallen hopelessly for a cruel man who had tortured and abused me in my past.

One of my worst tormentors, now my whole world. Oh why fate, why?

Josh's eyes were nothing short of shocked. But then they changed, into anger, and... Hatred?

"Great! You couldn't just leave?! Now I have to deal with you and this stupid bond! I knew I should have kicked you out while I had a chance!" He screamed.

His face was completely red, jaw clenched, and fists were balled up tight.

"-I... I don't understand..... We're mates. We're supposed to be toge-"

"No! I have been ignoring the stupid scent for two years now!! Two fricken years!!! But no, stupid little miss ugly omega here has to ruin it all!" I'm sure the whole pack could hear him by now, he was yelling so loudly.

Wait.. he knew? All those times he hit me, kicked, punched, or slapped me, he knew I was his mate!

Not gunna lie, that stung. That stung reeaaall bad. I've been waiting for my mate ever since I was seven, when the abuse started. And now that I know who he is, I couldn't be more unhappy. Devastated even.

But the same question bounced around my head. Why doesn't he want me?

Why doesn't he want me?

Kylie cried out in my head, I knew it! I told you to run! But no, you had to come back here, to the biggest pain in our lives from now on... Her voice cracked at the end, and then she let out a long, mournful howl.

"You know what, let's get this over with," Josh growled.

His arm snatched up and grabbed my earlobe, dragging me through the pack house. I whimpered the whole time, until he led me to the dining hall.

No... He wouldn't! I thought, but apparently he would.

The whole pack was seated when we burst through the doors. And then everything turned slow motion. Josh yanked me over to the head of the table, and shoved me beside him.

"Good evening, and listen up!" He used his alpha tone, and everyone silenced. "This thing here believes she is worthy of being my mate."

Instantly there were protests from nearly everyone around the huge mahogany table. Things like "Pathetic", or "Waste of space as Luna??", and even "A completely blind human would do better than that as Luna!"

Each one made my wolf angrier, and more depressed.

"Well, I couldn't agree more with you! I will not settle for this mistake made by fates. By the Moon Goddess herself!"

A very snobby voice decided to interrupt just then.

"Dang right it's a mistake! Only I should be your mate! I'd make a perfect Luna and Leader of this pack!" Of course it was Linda's. Why wouldn't her annoying self say she deserves highest rank in the pack. Next to alpha of course.

Linda leaned forward when Josh looked at her, showing more cleavage, and in the process making me furious. How DARE she try to seduce MY mate! He was MINE!

"So, let's continue the show, shall we?" Josh smirked, going over each set of eyes in the room, and turned back to me. "I, Alpha Josh Black, reject you, Omega Kara Jamison, as my mate, and Luna of the Dark Shadow Pack."

That's it. That's why Kylie demanded I turned around. She had to have saw this coming! I could be furious with her right now, but I was breaking slowly. After the words he said, I don't know how to think anymore. My knees were jello, and my eyes, new-born waterfalls.

Running down my cheeks, and onto my oversized, gray T-shirt, staining it even darker.

Why? Why me? What did I ever do wrong? I mean, come on!! I get abused daily, teased for years, and my supposedly mate, the one person specifically made for me, rejects and embarrasses me in front of the whole pack!

So I do the only thing I can.

I run.

************************************

Panting, I make my way towards a small cave entrance. I had been running for hours, away from my pack, and him.

I don't even remember what direction I went. Probably cause I was shrunk in the back of my mind while Kylie took control and ran. I don't know how she's so strong, but I definitely admire her for it. The biggest part of the bond is between the two wolves, and yet I was taking it worse than her.

She slumped down on the rocky floor, and put me back in control. I needed a distraction for my mind. Anything would work. Even trying to make a rock float!

So I figured, this was as good a time as any for some answers.

Kylie?

*sigh* yeah?

I'm really sorry. It's all my fault he did it.

No, it's okay. It's him whose really going to regret it later.

Yeah. Hey, do you think you could explain some things now?

She stopped talking for a minute, then continued. Sure, why not.

Okay, well, how come we aren't normal colored? Cause most wolves are white, black, grey, brown, or a blonde color.

We aren't exactly... Normal shifters Kara. We are unique, and so much more special than your average werewolf.

How so?

That's a story for another day.

Oh. I wondered why she couldn't just tell me now. Was I not trust worthy?

I pushed the thought away, and asked more.

How come my clothes don't shred when I shift?

It's like a power, kinda. It's one of the unique things about us.

Cool. How come my appearance as a human didn't change?

When you first shift, and then shift back, your human form should dramatically change. It should be taller, more muscular, and even more gorgeous. But mine hadn't changed at all.

Well, you have a disguise form, both human and wolf. Your old human form is one disguise, and my wolf disguise is a small brown omega wolf. It matches your old position and hair color.

Why do we need a disguise?

To protect you from danger.

Why would I need to be protected? It's not like anything would change if I died.

Kylie went silent, and then mumbled something along the lines of, If only you knew....

****************************

Hello lovelies!!!! I'm back, yet again!! I was bored, so I figured, let's write a bit, shall we? So... Whatcha think?? Yay or nay? Hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time!

VOTE

COMMENT

LOVE ME!!! ^_^ :3