Research

With Wendigos guns are useless and so are knives. So basically, to kill one you have to torch the sucker. Wendigos are difficult creatures to kill or even harm. There are few possibilities to defeat them during the day, but it is almost impossible to defeat them at night, since it is their favorite period to hunt.

"This is gonna be a fucking pain to kill." I say to myself.

Dean POV:
"What are we dealing with then, Sammy?" I ask my little brother.

"Wendigo." Sam replies.

"Great!" I say sarcastically.

"Dean, do you think Y/n might be there?"

"Hope so. It's easier to kill Wendigos when you have more people helping you."

"Any other reason you hope she's be there?" Sam gives me the look.

"Shut up!"

Sam let's out a small chuckle and I teasingly send a 'death' glare. I smile back at him and walk over to the bed. I lay myself down, place my hands behind my head and close my eyes to try and relax a little bit.

Y/n POV:
I sit up on my motel bed and keep browsing through my computer, planning on how i will kill the Wendigo. There are only two known ways to kill a Wendigo so my options are limited.

The first method is using fire and burn it to death. Wendigos are so sensitive to heat, they will even shun potential prey that they find sitting before an open flame.

My other option is to use Anasazi symbols. Special Anasazi symbols, drawn in protective circles, will keep a Wendigo away, much as salt does with demons and ghosts.

I decide I'll just take the equipment I need for both methods and choose when I get there.
I open up a tab on my computer and load up Google. I search "Wendigos" to see what the internet had to say about the creatures. I click on a reliable-looking website. I scroll down the page slightly and start to read.

The article says:
"Wendigos are embodiments of gluttony, greed, and excess; never satisfied after killing and consuming one person, they are constantly searching for new victims. It is also common that wendigos just capture humans to hoard their food, and then eat when hungry.
Wendigos are rarely seen out of Minnesota or the north of Michigan. They are hundreds of years old, and they also have hibernation behavior during the long, cold winters they must survive—meaning they must hoard food if it is scarce. In addition, they keep their victims in dark and isolated places, such as caves or abandoned mines.
Appearance:
Wendigos are humanoid, standing at about fifteen feet tall. They appear emaciated with bones visible under their pallid skin, a symbol of their unquenchable hunger. Wendigos eyes are pushed back deep in their sockets, and have crooked, sharp, teeth. They are equipped with razor-like claws used to rip prey to shreds. They are sometimes said to have matted fur and have chunks of skin and flesh missing, due to consumption."

"Well then," I say to myself, "I'm fucked."