Something's Wrong...

I hear footsteps coming from behind me, I turn around and Sam looks up. It's Dean. I let out a sigh and get up off the chair.

"I'm going to go to my room." I say, letting out a sigh.

"Okay. Well, just relax okay?" Sam says, worry lingering in his calm and gentle voice.

"Will do. Thanks Sam."

I walk out of the library and towards my room I strutted. I just need time to process everything that's going on right now. I make my way into my room and move inside, closing the door behind me.

Dean POV:
I would be lying if I didn't say I was worried about Y/n. She's taking in so much information, not leaving herself much time to process anything properly.

"What's up?" Sam asks me. And just in that moment I realised I had been staring at the open door since Y/n left the library.

"What? Nothing. I'm going to see if she's okay." I respond to my little brother.

"Why? She seemed perfectly fine to me."

"She left as soon as I walked into the room. If that's not a signal that something is wrong, then I don't know what is."

"Okay, just don't do anything-"

"Stupid or something I'll regret. I know, Sammy, and I promise I won't."

And with that I make my way towards Y/n's room, my boots making a heavy yet gentle stomping sound every time I take a step. Once I reach her room I just stare at the door, trying to figure out something to say, not even knocking.

Y/n POV:
I continue reading the information presented to me on my sticker-covered laptop. My thoughts deep in the knowledge I'm newly gaining.

My thoughts, however, are interrupted by a knock on the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Dean!" A muffled voice comes from behind the wooden door.

My thoughts start racing. What do I do? Do I let him in? Of course I do, why wouldn't I? Don't be stupid. "Come in!" I shout back, quickly shutting my laptop.

The door handle twists and my undoubtably favourite Winchester walks in. I pat the bed next to me and he sits down.

"So, what's up?" Dean asks me.

I sigh. "Not much. Why?"

"You walked away as soon as you saw me. It just made me worry about you, that's all."

"You don't need to  worry about me. Worry about yourself and Sam, I'm just a tag-along. I don't need someone to worry about me, especially in your situation, Dean, you need to take care of yourself."

Dean POV:
Y/n just sits there fiddling with her thumbs, trying to keep herself occupied. Bless her heart.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I feel something snap inside of me, almost like I couldn't control myself.

"Fine! Have it your way!" I shout. Stop it you idiot! What are you doing? You're going to scare her!

"What? Dean? Are you okay?" She speaks softly, trying to remain calm.

"Frankly, I don't give two flying shits about you!" Stop it! This isn't you! "For all I care, you could throw yourself off a bridge and I wouldn't be there to catch you." What the hell are you saying?! Of course I'd catch her.

"Dean, this isn't you. Please, just take a breath and calm down." she reaches her hands out towards me but I smack them to the bed.

What am I doing? Y/n! This isn't me! Stay strong! I don't mean this, any of it! I think to myself but the words can't escape my mouth, almost like the strongest Duct Tape is dealing my lips shut.

I feel my arm raise and move towards the terrified woman before me. What do you think you're doing?! Please don't hit her!

"D-Dean? Just tell me what's wrong and we can work it out together. Please!" Y/n says, her voice trembling uncontrollably.

"Why the hell would I talk to you?!" And just like that the thing I most didn't want to do happened...

I hit the woman I loved...