Three Years And The Change Is Clear

This chapter takes place three years after the previous one. Enjoy...

As I shower in the motel room I close my eyes and listen to the loud music I'm playing via my phone and speaker. I thoroughly wash my hair and step out, careful not to slip on the freshly wet floor tiles. I wrap a towel around my body and one around my arms/shoulders.

Taking in a deep breath I open the bathroom door and walk into the main room.

Dean POV:
"So Sammy, any new updates on the vamp nest?" I ask my younger brother as I sip on my beer.

"Nothing yet. You reckon she'll be here?" Sam replies.

"It's been three (ish) years now since we last saw her, I've pretty much stopped hoping. I really did love her but she did what she had to do, even if that meant leaving us."

Due to the thin motel walls I can hear someone next door listening to AC/DC. I sigh as I can't help but to think of Y/n and the way we'd listen to classic rock together when working on the cars in the garage or jut whenever we were bored.

"I can't concentrate. Dean can you go to the room next door and ask them to turn their music down please?" Sammy complains.

I perk up and a small smile forms on my face. "Sure. I'll be right back."

Y/n POV:
Just as I finish getting changed a knock can be heard on the door.

"Can you answer it?" A voice shouts from the bathroom.

"Yeah!" I shout back.

"Thanks babe!"

I saunter to the door and open it to be unexpectedly put face to face with an all too familiar face.

Dean POV:
"Can you turn your music down pl-" I look up and the figure who opened the door. "Y-Y-n?"

"Dean!" Y/n exclaims and jumps into my arms and into a hug. "I'm so sorry for leaving you, Sam and Castiel but I did what I thought was best for me at the time. Especially with the mark. Show me your arm." She demands as I let her go.

I roll up my sleeve and show her my clean arm. "All sorted out years ago."

"Who is it?!" A male voice shouts from within the room.

"Just an old friend." Y/n shouts back and a unknown man stands with her. He wraps an arm around her waist and kisses Y/n, she shudders and puts on a false smile. "Dean, this is my boyfriend Alex. Alex, this is Dean Winchester."

I don't like this guy. Not at all. His looming figure is clearly terrorising Y/n.

"Hello. You here on a hunt? We're just hunting the local vamp nest." Alex asks me and I put on a convincing fake smile.

"Yeah actually. Me and my brother, Sam are hunting that same nest. We can team up on it if you want. It's a pretty big nest and it'll be easier to take on with more than two people." I say trying to come up with an excuse to be around Y/n.

"Sure. Sounds good." Alex smirks.

"Dean can I have your phone number again please? I have a new phone and forgot to transfer your number over." Y/n asks as she hands me her phone.

I type in my number and name with a red heart emoji next to it. Handing the phone back to her I wink and a blush grows on her cheeks.

"I'll text you in the morning before we hunt those sons of bitches down." She smiles.

I nod and walk back to our motel room.
"Sammy, you never guess what."