chapter 39

Jane hurried to Luna's palace after she left the Emperor 's. She had gone to his to see if he was there but he wasn't so he had to be with Luna. Jane was beyond furious because this meant trouble for her. She finally arrived and walked in with no manners at all. She found her way to Luna's room and opened the door and was surprised at what she saw. In the bed was Luna sleeping quietly alone and she didn't expect that. The Emperor was nowhere in sight so there was nothing to see. Luna had not been woken by the sounds so Jane closed the doors before she left the palace confused about where the Emperor could be if he is not with Luna.

At this time the Emperor was in the throne room with both Lester and Dianna in front of him.

Youngbae

"Tell me, why you're really here," I said neither of them spoke but avoided eye contact. "I know you have no intention to strengthen ties with Eggraw so why are you here?" They no longer denied their intention. "We just want to be here. We have no ties with the Eggraw government." Dianna says. "Okay, you wanted to live here. Why did you come to my palace if you just wanted to live here?" "Because we were born to be noble. In Eggraw, we were stripped of our titles" Lester says in an angered tone. "Okay, now tell me. What did you want to live here have to do with me and Luna?" "It was the perfect way to secure our places. If I could get Luna, I would be a nobleman and the stepfather to the crown prince. If Dianna could get you, she could be a beloved concubine with ease." Lester explained and it was stupid but at the same time, not the dumbest thing I heard. "Do you know what you two did to us? You caused Luna to push herself farther from me than she already was. Tell me was it worth it?" "If we apologies, will you let us go?" Dianna asked trying to charm me into going easy on them but it wouldn't work. "No, an apology would not help you here. Impersonating political officials, an attempt of seduction and cause betrayal, and angering the Emperor is all things you can be charged with. However, I think your punishment would come best from your homeland don't you think." I said before calling guards to take them away.

Luna

I had woken up and the Emperor was gone to deal with something I'm not sure. I decided to take Leon out for the day and we went to a town not too far from the palace. He had been exhausted with classes and I wanted some time alone with him. We walked through the town for about two hours before we decided to head back. Leon wanted to play with Xander today as he did every day. On our way back to the carriage we were about to pass a tavern when we saw a man and woman being forced out. "I have told you many times to stop coming here. We have never seen your child before, our boss didn't take him!" The man who had thrown the couple out shouted to them. "I know you have my baby!" The woman shouted at it but the man said nothing. "I have told you before that If I see you here again, I will not hesitate to kill you." The man at the door says angrily. "Go ahead, if I don't get my son I have nothing to live for. And that's what your boss wants." The woman says upsetting the man even more to the point that he walked over and slapped her. Her husband did nothing to stop or defend her from the man what a coward. "Watch Leon," I told the guards who had been with us for our safety. I walked over to the 3 and stood in front of them till the man looked up and noticed I was there. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him with a cold expression. "None of your busy now move along lady." He says before he attempts to slap the woman again but I stopped him. "Who do you think you are hitting a woman like that?" I asked him. At this moment, the woman looked up and saw me. She turned over and bowed to me in. "Noble Scholar Luna, it is an honor to meet you." She says her husband bowed to me as well. The man didn't seem to know who I was. "Tell me, who is your boss." He pointed inside the tavern. "Get up." I held out my hand for the woman who hesitates before she takes it. I walked hand and hand with her inside and to the man she suspects has her child. When the men see me, those who don't know me look confused but those who do know imminently bowed. The leader stood up before he bowed to me and spoke. "Lady Luna, what brings you to me?" He asked respectfully. "This woman claims you have taken her child. Is this true?" I asked he kept his head down as he answered. "Lady Luna, this woman comes here every day making the same claim that I took her child as an infant. But I never did such a thing." He says I could tell he was not lying. However, there was something about this woman that was so familiar. like I met her before. "Ma'am, I can tell you with certainty that this man did not take your child. However, I would like to help you find your child if you will let me." I offered her. I know if I had Leon taken away from me, I would be acting the same way she is now. She nodded her head before she apologized to the boss for bothering him. We left the tavern and she walked to her husband but he didn't say anything. "Let's just stop this, if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be this way. Lady Luna will help me find our son and when I find him, I don't want you to be here when I come back." She says before she walked over to me and Leon. "What is your name?" I asked her holding her hand again. "My name is Suzan Wilts." She says and I smiled at her. "Suzan, this is my son prince Leon. Come home with us and tell us about your son." I said she nodded her head before she followed us back to our carriage. "Well, my son was taken when he was just a few days old. But it was not just him being taken but more like he was sold. My husband sold him to some man because we didn't have any money and the man offered him a lot of money to have our son. My husband never told me about this and hid it from me until the night our baby was gone." She explained. "Have you ever left or lived someone other than this town before?" I asked her suddenly. I may have seen her back home somehow. She shook her head confused by my sudden question. We road to the palace with her telling us more about what she knew but sadly it was not much. We road to the palace and I took her to my home for her to relax and think. I assumed it was going to be peaceful but when we arrived at my home Jane was waiting there for someone to return.