Chapter 5: Another Scary Movie

When we arrive at Alfred's house we decided to watch another scary movie. We couldn't decide on which one though.

   "What about Carrie?" Alfred asks.

   "No, I don't like that one. How about The Excorsist?" I suggest.

   "No no no. I will barf all over the place if I watch that."

   We look through more DVDs to watch until my eye catches one.

   "Hey, Alfred? What about Evil Dead?" I ask.

   "Uhh...I don't know..." Alfred trails off, rubbing the back of his head.

   "Please?" I look up at him and bat my eyelashes, a technique I got from Stella, of course. It would have worked better with her but I try anyway.

   "I guess we can watch it." Alfred gives in.

   "Thank you, Alfred." I lunge forward and hug him. He hugs back.

   "Yeah, no problem. I'll put it in, you go make the popcorn." He says.

   "Okay." I get up, turn around, and walk into the kitchen, swaying my hips a little more. I feel Alfred's eyes.on me. I smirk but he can't see it.

   I come back with a big bowl of popcorn and see that Alfred started the movie. I set the popcorn in his lap and sit next to him. I place my legs in a folded position and Alfred claps twice, causing the lights to turn off.

   "Really? Do we need the lights off?" I ask, slightly unamused.

   "Yeah, it makes it scarier." Alfred answers and puts his arm around my shoulders.

   "But wouldn't you not want to be scared?"

   "I'm the hero! I ain't scared of nothin'!"

   "Why are you so loud?" I ask, a bit of annoyance hidden in my voice.

   "I don't know. Why are you acting so mean? I thought things were going good."

   "Alfred, it was one date. You expect me to be so open with you."

   "You were actually really open earlier today so..." I don't know how to answer that. I sigh, crossing my arms. 'He's right. I was open. Why is that? I can't possibly be falling in love with him already. Is his affect on me that strong?' I think to myself.

   "Just...Skip the damn previews."I order.

                              ~~~

   After the movie Alfred wasn't as scared as I thought he would be. As the ending credits rolled down, Alfred jumped up, surprising me.

   "You're bipolar! That's it!!!" He shouted.

   "What?" I ask. Alfred looks down at me.

   "You're bipolar! You were happy all day today and then you turn all mean. You're obviously suffering from bipolar disorder." Alfred says. Then he gets down on one knee in front of me. "Don't worry, Miss Arlovskaya. I, Alfred F. Jones, shall cure you from this bipolar disorder." I stare at Alfred.

   "Really, Alfred?" He stands back up.

   "Really! I'm going to help you. That's what heroes do. They help damsels in distress."

   "I'm not a damsel." I say.

   "I'm still gonna help you. But first, you have to do something for me."

   "What is it?" I ask.

   "Become my girlfriend. Pleaaaassee?" Alfred begs, giving me his puppy eyes. One date and he already wants me to be his girlfriend. I should not have been so open. I want to reject but..Those eyes. It's impossible to say no.

   "Fine! I'll be your...Girlfriend." I say.

   "YES!!!" Alfred exclaims and does a little happy dance.