Chapter 15: Guess What?

A few months have passed since I fully forgave Alfred. Things are finally back together and Alfred has been allowed back into my bed.

Right now I'm cleaning the house, waiting for Alfred to come home so I can break the news.

"I wonder if he'll be happy. Maybe he won't. I don't know. I didn't even know this was possible." I mumble to no one in particular, wiping off the counter in the kitchen.

Soon enough, I hear the front door open.

"Natalia! The hero's home!" Alfred shouts. I walk into the front room and Alfred embraces me with a hug and kiss.

"How did the meeting go?" I ask as Alfred slips out of his shoes and unties his tie.

"Could've been better I guess. We were all a little quieter today, though." Alfred walks into the living room and sits on the couch. I follow. "How was your day?" Alfred asks.

"It was fine. I didn't really do much." I answer. 'Natalia, when are you going to tell him? He has to know.' I think to myself. My heart is pounding, all my courage from before dissipates. Alfred notices. Damn.

"Babe what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing." I lie.

"Don't lie to me. Seriously, something's bothering you. Spit it out." Alfred says.

"It's nothing." I say, quickly getting agitated.

"Natalia-

"Nothing is wrong! Why can't you understand?! Just leave me alone!" I shout, walking away from Alfred. He stands up.

"Baby, don't be like that. I'm sorry." Alfred walks after me. I run upstairs.

"Shut the hell up! Just go away!" I head to our bedroom and lock the door as I close it. I lay on the bed.

An hour later, Alfred knocks on the door.

"Natalia? Sweetie, can you open the door?" Alfred asks. I don't answer. "Honey, I know you're in there."

After three minutes of begging I give in. I walk to the door and unlock it. I step back with my and crossed. Alfred opens the door and to my surprise hugs me.

"I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have pushed you so far. I just didn't think you'd get so mad." Alfred says. I start to tear up. "Hey, what's wrong? Don't start crying now. Can you please tell me what's up?" Alfred asks. I can't talk. I just cry into his chest, messing up his meeting suit.

Alfred brings me over to our bed and sits down, placing me on his lap. I continue crying. Alfred kisses my head and then sighs. "Please tell me what's wrong. I've never seen you like this." Alfred pleads and wipes my tears away.

"I want to tell you but..." I trail off.

"But what?"

"I don't know how happy you'll be."

"What do you mean?" I look Alfred in the eyes.

"Alfred..I'm...Pregnant." I admit. Alfred wipes the rest of my tears away and kisses me deeply.

"Really?" Alfred asks and smiles. I nod. "You- You're pregnant?" I nod again. Alfred laughs loudly and stands up, picking me up and spinning me around a few times.

"We're having a baby! Natalia is pregnant with my child!" Alfred shouts to the ceiling. He hugs me. "Did you think I wouldn't be happy?" Alfred asks.

"I didn't know, honestly. Then I kind of freaked out. Early pregnancy hormones, I guess." I explain.

"Well I'll keep that in mind." I laugh a little. Alfred places a hand on my stomach which hasn't grown yet.

"I can't wait 'till he starts kicking." Alfred says. I raise an eyebrow.

"How do you know it's a 'he'?" I ask.

"Well, they're definitely not an 'it'." Alfred says and gets down on his knees, placing his head against my stomach.

"Hey there little guy..." I glare. "..Or girl. This is your daddy here. I know you haven't really developed yet but I still wish I could see you. You know, you're the luckiest little person I know. I mean, you get to call this amazing woman your mom. How cool is that?! And you're gonna have the best hero dad around. And you're gonna be a mini hero yourself. Isn't that awesome? You know it is. Oh, and get used to my voice because you'll be hearing it a lot. I love you." Alfred kisses my stomach and stands up, smiling at me. I smile back.

"You are so sweet when you want to be." I say.

"I know."