Chapter 2: Confessions

I've never understood Americans. I doubt I ever will. The patriotism, fattening foods, loudness, video games. That's what Alfred wanted to do while I'm at his house. Play video games. Then play more video games...Then play more video games! "Natalia, check out this new zombie map!" "Natalia look at that dude. He's going wild on multiplayer!" "Natalia, you have to come see this. There are zombies everywhere!"

Honestly it just gets annoying. But I can't say that to his face. He'd get all depressed. So I just play with him. It's actually kind of fun. Especially when I beat him. He gets super mad and it is hilarious.

I'm currently getting some chips and cookies from Alfred's kitchen. The food Alfred eats used to scare me. It still does a little bit. All those colors in food. It's not right.

I stop thinking about American food and walk back into the living room.

" 'Bout time you came back." Alfred says.

"Shut up. Your kitchen has too much stuff." I reply.

"Whatever." Alfred says and grabs a handful of chips from the bowl I'm holding and shoves them in his mouth.

"Oh, that's gross! Alfred close your mouth!" I tell him and sit down on the couch. Alfred laughs loudly and I feel my face heat up. Before Al can notice I speak up.

"How are we doing?" I ask, grabbing a cookie and biting into it.

"We are kicking their asses!!! Those losers got nothin' on our team!" Alfred exclaims. He didn't have to yell but at least we're winning. I grab the second game controller and Alfred unpauses the game. We're playing this game where you can be a zombie or kill zombies. Our team is the one that is killing the zombies.

Time passes really quickly. We play with different people and some of Alfred states.

I look at the clock and realize what time it is.

"Oh shit! Its 3 AM, Alfred. I gotta go." I exclaim.

"Natalia, are you crazy?! You can't go now you'll get killed! Or worse!" Alfred shoots up off the couch.

"What could possibly be worse than being killed? Thanks for letting me stay this long Alfred. I'll see you soon." I turn and head for the door but Alfred grabs my hand to stop me. I feel my heart skip a beat and my face heat up. I turn around and look up at Alfred. That's when I realize how tall he really is. He has to be like 6'3" and I'm only 5'4".

"Natalia, please stay. I'm begging you. You're not walking that far and I'm not driving this late." Alfred begs. His hand is still holding mine. I sigh.

"Natalia?"

"Yes Alfred?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure." Al takes a deep breath.

"I love you." Then he presses his lips to mine.