Chapter 4

***Ms. Lykins' POV***
I look at my phone and read over the text she last sent me over and over again in my head. I don't know why but I feel my heart break a little at the coldness of her text.
I should be saying the same thing to you Rachel. I can handle myself. Thanks for the concern. Have a good day. - Tyler.
I frown and type back a response.
Tyler I didn't mean it like that. I want to get to know you. I'm sorry. - Ms. Lykins.
I grudgingly put my phone down and get the kids started on their assignment. I don't hear anything back from her and I try not to panic. But I can't help but sneak a look at my phone. She hasn't even read it yet.
I'm truly sorry Tyler. Please talk to me. I want to see what this could be. Where this could go. There's something about you that catches my eye. I want to know more about you. I want to know anything and everything. Please just give me a chance? - Rachel.
I put my phone down and the bell signaling lunch rings.
"Put your computers away and remember your numbers." I say to the class.
I wait for the students to leave my room. I get up and close my door. I carefully make my way back to my desk and look at my phone. Still nothing. She hasn't even read them yet. I get anxious and try to fight the urge to text her again. I put my phone in my pocket and go outside. I lean against the tree and type a quick message.
Message me after class. We need to talk. - Ms. Lykins.
I instantly put my phone back in my pocket and go back to my classroom. I drop into my seat and focus on the next class period. First hour is a confusing one due to one student in particular. Second through fourth is just a drag. I currently have lunch and then I can leave after next hour. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. All I can see is her. Picture the way her muscles constricted and relaxed as she'd work out. Long to hold her in my arms.
The bell rings snapping me out of my thoughts and students file inside. I quickly explain the assignment for the 5th time and sit at my desk longing to hear from Tyler. I groan at the thoughts I'm being plagued with about my student. Thankfully the class ends fairly quickly which means I can go home. I pack up and go out to my car, silently getting in and driving off in the direction of home.
I pull into my drive and see Tyler sitting on the porch swing next door. I groan as I think about how my luck isn't in my favor today saying the least. I get out and go inside my home. I silently shuffle around my home and go shower, knowing tonight is going to be a long one.