Chapter 16

***Ms. Lykin's POV***
I stay at the school waiting for him to show. But he never does. I go home and go to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I get up and go to school. I wait for him to show up and when he does, I feel my blood boil. I start class and after class he tries leaving, I grit my teeth and speak up. I slam the door shut and lock it. He looks my way and shrugs his shoulders. I go up to him and turn him around.
"You act like you lost me. Why?" I state bluntly.
"I have ain't I? You done fucking ended it by not looking in the damn box and...." He trails off.
"And what?" I ask.
He shakes his head.
"Never mind. Forget it." He says.
I look at him and grab his hand. I lean in and kiss him. But instead of returning the affection I so recklessly express, he remains cold. I pull away and look into his eyes. They're emotionless.
"Don't do this." I plead.
"I have to, it's over. I mean this time together has been amazing but I'm not worth your job. Goodbye Rachel." He says before leaving the room.
"Tyler." I call softly.
He turns and shakes his head.
"No Ms. Lykins." He says and leaves.
I stand there and feel all the air leave my lungs. I can't breathe or see. I hit my knees unable to move. I sit there for a while until another teacher comes in.
"Ms. Lykins what's wrong?"
I look up at them but don't move or try to respond. They step over and help me up. I carefully make it to my desk and they hand me a water. I sip on it and see it's the coach.
"Not worth talking about." I say shakily.
"Go home and get some rest. I'll get someone to fill in."
I nod and gather my things. I go home and stay in bed.