Chapter 6

***Ms. Lykins' POV***
I can't believe someone could do that to someone that seems so sweet. Why would someone ever want to cheat on her?
"Tyler?" I say softly.
She looks up at me and I see her skepticism. I carefully move closer to her and wrap my arms around her.
"This is usually the point where everyone else leaves me." She says quietly.
"Well I'm not leaving." I say softly playing with her hair.
I watch her relax a bit. But I can tell she's still got some serious walls up. She looks at me and I see the pain in her eyes.
"I don't normally let anyone in this easily. Honestly it makes me a bit afraid to be alone tonight." She whispers.
I take her hands in mine and she looks at me.
"Do you want me to stay?" I ask softly.
I see her battling with herself and can't imagine what could be going through her head. I feel her hands squeeze mine and see the tears in her eyes.
"Please?" She whispers.
I nod and smile softly at her.
"Sure. I'll stay for you baby." I whisper.
I realize what I called her and bite my lip nervously. I see her whole face light up when I call her that.
"Rachel do you want to give things a try between us? Nobody's gonna know the difference. I mean I only have one class before CACC anyway." She says nervously.
God she's so damn adorable when she's nervous. I lean in and kiss her gently. I feel her relaxing under my touch and smile as I pull away.
"Does that answer your question?" I ask teasingly, knowing damn well it isn't enough to me.
"Not exactly." She admits skeptically.
I gently hold her face in my hands and she looks up at me. I see the pain and so many other things in her gorgeous blue eyes.
"Yes. Yes I want to give this a chance. Yes I want to be there for you. Yes to you and me baby." I whisper.
I watch her eyes close and she releases a shaky breath before opening her eyes again. I see the tears in her eyes and pull her into my side. I feel her arms wrap around my waist tightly and silently promise myself that I won't leave her.
"Thank you for giving me a chance despite me being broken." She whispers.
I hear the pain in her voice and it pains me that someone could be so hurt as she is. But at the same time I'm completely blown away that she's willing to love as unconditionally as she does despite everything she's been through. I kiss the top of her head softly.
"You're not broken baby. You've just been through a rough time too many times. I love the way you're willing to let me in and try to help you like this baby." I whisper.
She looks at me and smiles.
"Let's finish eating. Then we can watch a movie or we can go up to my room." She whispers.
I blush and she smirks.
"Ok." I answer.
We finish eating and she places her hand over mine, causing me to look up at her.
"You know I'm not trying to take you to bed for sex right?" She asks seriously.
I blush as I nod.
"I know. I can tell that if you were, you would've already. Or at least made it clear that that was your intention." I admit blushing.
She sighs in relief and sits back.
"I just needed to make sure you knew I wasn't doing this to seduce you into having sex with me." She admits.
I cuddle into her and sigh as she plays with my hair.
"Honestly, if you were, you're the only one that stands a chance." I whisper.
She looks at me and I see the relief in her eyes.
"You sure you want this?" She whispers.
I pull away a bit to look her in the eyes and see the confliction in her eyes.
"Baby, I ain't lying to you. I'm not going to use you like others have. I won't mistreat you like others have. I'm here to see where this can go. I'm here because I want to be here." I whisper.
She bites her lip nervously and takes my hand.
"Thank you. I haven't had anyone reassure me before." She whispers.
"Well get used to it baby. Because that's what I'm going to do as much as is needed." I whisper.
She relaxes and I lay my head on her shoulder again.
"You can sleep in my room. I mean if you want to. I have a couch in there. I can sleep on the couch." She whispers.
"Does it bother you?" I ask.
She looks at me confusedly.
"Does what bother me?" She asks.
"The thought of me sleeping next to you without us having sex." I answer.
"I just don't want you to be uncomfortable." She admits quietly.
I smile and kiss her cheek.
"I don't mind sleeping next to you. As long as you're ok with it too." I whisper.
She smiles and quietly takes a deep breath.
"I'll do the dishes real quick and then we can go upstairs." She says softly.
"I can meet you upstairs if you'd like." I offer quietly.
She looks at me surprisedly.
"You don't mind?" She asks.
"No I don't mind." I answer softly.
She sighs in relief and smiles.
"Alright. Straight up the stairs and to the left. Only door on the left actually." She says gently.
I smile at her and we get up. I help her carry the dishes to the sink and lean against the counter. She turns to look at me and smiles shyly.
"I'll see you upstairs baby." I say softly.
She hugs me and kisses me gently.
"See you soon." She says softly.
I smile and go up the stairs. I go into her room and am completely blown away at how well kept and nice it is. I carefully make my way to the bed and sit on the edge. I slip my shoes off and scoot back to the head board. The bedspread is a pretty red rose pattern, the walls are a beautiful navy blue, and there is a bathroom off of the bedroom and a large closet. The couch is by the window and it's big. It's a black leather couch.
I get up to check out the couch and see a beautiful desk over in the corner by the couch. I gently sit on the couch and it's so soft. I get comfortable and wait for her to come in.