Chapter 11

***Tyler's POV***
I can't believe she just suggested things possibly go further tonight. I like the way things are between us right now. I don't want to throw sex into it yet. I bite my lip and look into her blue eyes nervously.
"What's wrong?" She asks softly.
I take a deep breath and take her hand in mine tightly.
"I like where things are between us right now. Let's take things slow and enjoy every part of our relationship at a steady pace. I'm very attracted to you physically, but I want to take things slow when it comes to taking things further on the level of sexual interactions." I admit gently.
I see her eyes widen slightly and I get nervous. She kneels in front of me and takes my hands in hers.
"Baby listen to me please. We can take things as slow as you need to. I just want to be with you. I mean I don't open up to anyone easily. But we have opened up to eachother. I love you and I respect your feelings and your opinions. If you want to take it slow, that's perfectly fine. Just let me know when you're ready to let things become a little more heated between us." She says and her voice softens and becomes quieter as she finishes.
I kiss her lips gently and smile at her as she lays her head on my shoulder.
"I love you Rachel" I whisper in her ear.
"I love you too Tyler." She answers just as quietly.
I wrap my arms around her tightly and feel her arms wrap around me just as tightly.
"Let's go out for that dinner we talked about shall we love?" I whisper in her ear.
"Sure babe." She answers softly.
We head out to my car and we head off to dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After dinner we head back to my place and she seems nervous. I gently take her hand in mine and she doesn't react.
"You ok?" I ask softly.
She looks at me and I don't like the look in her eyes. I remove my hand from hers and get out of my car. She doesn't move yet. I stare at her for a moment longer before speaking.
"You have the look of someone getting ready to leave me. Lock the car when you get out. See you at school Ms. Lykins." I say coolly.
I go inside and lock the door behind me. I go up to the top floor and sit on my bed. I hear my phone buzz on the table where I placed it but don't feel like looking at it so I don't. I strip down to my boxers and bra before curling into a ball in the corner of my bed. I pick up my phone and put on my music softly. I hear my phone buzz intensively and look at it. I see it's her but don't want to answer it. So I let it go to voicemail. I read her text though.
I'm sorry. I'm just afraid of losing my job. Please talk to me. I don't want to lose you. - Rachel.
I laugh dryly at her message and leave her on read. I fall asleep shortly after reading her message sipping on a beer.