The peacock and moth attack

Marinette and Adrien stared at each other for a matter of time. Before she knew it, Adrien was grabbing onto her, slightly squeezing her hand in fear that he might lose his wife in the battle.

"We're going to be okay, Adrien. See? Emma and Hugo already learned everything." Mari whispered to her frightened husband, and who knows what would happen if they don't act quick.

"M-mommy?" Emma asked, quite startled. Marinette frowned as she knew what it felt to hold such a huge responsibility. "U-um, how do I help in this costume?"

"It's not a costume, honey, it's something really, really important that mommy and daddy don't want you to know." she replied. "Have you seen this before? Ladybug's yoyo? You pull it and let go like this."

"Does it hurt?"

"If you use it incorrectly, yes. But don't worry, you will master this. Before long, you'll be able to kick bad guy's butt!" Marinette posed in a funny way. Emma burst into laughter.

Adrien turned to Hugo. "See, m'boy? If ladies can do it, so can gentlemen. Now, click this button to make the weapon longer. Give a few loops for practice." he smiled proudly as Hugo stepped back and swung a few times, eventually smacking Adrien in the face. Hugo gasped as he coward in fear, but Adrien smiled. "That's it! Keep it up."

"Honey, are you sure?" Emilie asked Marinette with slight worry.

"Yes, I am." she answered.

"I think we can slow things down-?"

"Please Mrs Agreste," Marinette said, "I know my children. Besides, they aren't really going to fight. They'll lure the villain and we'll do the rest. It's okay."

Emilie seemed relaxed as she looked outside the window. "It's snowing," she breathed out.

"Of course, darling." Gabriel kissed his wife. "Why don't you sing that song?"

Emilie grinned.

"The snow is falling,
For so many centuries
But you'll always be
The cherry in my ice-cream

"Oh, dear Santa
Bring me those presents please
I've been a good child
It's been a while

"Oh, dear Santa
Bring me some joy
I've been a good child
Shower me with toys

"Oh, dear Santa
Bring me my soulmate
I've been a good child
So bring love, for sake!"

"That was beautiful, mother." Adrien praised.

Marinette sat down beside the window and was in deep thought. Everything turned white for her, but her lips were curled into a smile.

 Everything turned white for her, but her lips were curled into a smile

Adrien turned to his children.

"Right. Let's end this."