Just The Ingredient I Need

This is terrible, this is terrible, this is terrible..

What if I cannot find one just before time..? Uu.. What should I do..

Aya paced back and forth in the bookstore in that fine February evening, the look of distress drawn on her face, forming a frown as she reading books by books of sweets recipe, but she could not make one at all. Aya closed the last book with a sight, her eyes glancing from the books sorted in front of her to the other end of the dessert recipes shelves, only to find no cookies she could try making because they were too difficult.

Valentine's Day is approaching and Aya would love to gift the rest of Pastel*Palettes her homemade cookies― and let's just say, it is her way to express her gratitude for helping Aya in her idol journey until the Maruyama Aya she is now.

Back to this moment that Aya gave up on her search, decided to sit by in a cafe, ordering herself a piece of cake and a cup of coffee before suddenly her pair of pink eyes noticing a small note with leather cover. Aya knew it would be rude to peek in but she cannot help it but to give into her curiosity..

"Let's see here... Huh, sugar, flour, milk, water, and―"

"Excuse me, that note is mine. Would you mind giving it back to me?"

The pinkette quickly yelped and slammed the note shut, her head reacted to the call only to meet the gaze of a very familiar female with a long, turquoise hair..

"S.. Sayo-chan?" Aya called up to the owner of the note.. Wait, is the note hers?

"Maruyama-san?"

Both of them awkwardly exchanging gazes, with Aya's constant shifting and Sayo's deadpan stare, before Aya handed her note back. "I-I'm sorry!! I did not mean to be rude with peeking into your things and―"

"It's alright," the voice somehow soften, turns out differently than Aya expected; she isn't hearing the usual strict, yet intimidating Sayo, instead her hearing was met by an even more casually-spoken, softer voice of hers, "it is not like it has my personal things inside, but maybe you would kindly return it to me, yes?" Aya's almost did not hesitate to return her book back, only to stop before the note landed on Sayo's palm.

"Sayo-chan?"

"Maruyama-san? What is it?"

"Actually, I have one thing I need you to help me with.. Would you care to listen?"

Sayo decided to sit along with her, listening into her ventings about unable to make any Valentine's treats for her bandmates. And on Sayo's ends, she finally figuring out what she is going to do with the note rather than keeping it if she even rarely bakes one;

She'll teach Aya how to bake cookies.

"Are you sure, Sayo-chan!?"

"Pretty sure."

The two came to a deal that they'll both stop by the grocery to buy the ingredients, chocolates, extras for variety, and talked their way home heading to Aya's, preparing themselves in their aprons. Aya glanced at her and saw how Sayo tied her hair from her back, the perfect view almost had Aya swoons over her own classmate, but the reason the came here only to teach her how to bake cookies. Sayo started to gave her step by step on adding the ingredients into a dough, which Aya had no trouble doing, but when it comes to mixing Sayo had to roll up her sleeves and helped Aya with the matter, a Aya's eyes glimmering in excitement as she observed Sayo mixing and shaping the dough with her hand, topping them with some cashews and marshmallows, letting them set in the oven and talked even more at the table, waiting for the cookies to be done.