Two Spoons

"Ah."

"Ah.."

One day on a cafe, there were two girls seen pulling on each of the unoccupied seats on the only remaining spot could be seen there, and the girls are Hikawa Sayo and Maruyama Aya, the guitarist of Roselia and the vocalist of Pastel*Palettes, respectively.

"Maruyama-san, good afternoon." The mint-haired girl started with a greeting at a pinkette.

"Ah, y-yes! Sayo-chan.. Good afternoon!" The other girl seemed to stutter on her words in her reply.

"Fancy meeting you here.. I guess we don't really have a choice but to sit here.. huh? This place is packed, oddly. But I'm glad I'm seated with someone I know.."

Sayo did not hesitate to pull her own chair, before Aya does the same, sitting on their own seat. "So, what are you going to order?" Sayo is surely kind of talkative today. However, Aya left herself in a flustered state as if she was a dummy. The pinkette scurried to take the menu that she even take one from a wrong table, but before Sayo even corrects her she has already picked the right one. Her eyes skimmed through the menu.

"...Mm.. how about parfait?"

Said Aya after she was done with the menu, but before Sayo even spoke, Aya exhaled a heavy sigh..

"Though I only have money for one single portion.."

Alerted by the expense problem she's facing, Sayo offered herself to pay.

"No, let me pay for the parfaits."

"N-No! Just let me! You need to save up for new guitar strings, right?"

"No, no. You save. You need the money for something else."

"But..! It's okay for me to treat you, after all I don't feel like saving for a new blouse!"

Sayo silenced and convinced with her, though her silence also meant another idea in her mind.

"Fine, you pay for it."

And thus with a broad smile, Aya headed to order the parfait for Sayo, waiting until the order arrived and Aya brought the tray of parfait for Sayo.

"Here you go!"

Sayo took the spoon afterwards, but she did not take her bite before she raised her hand at the waitress.

"Excuse me, miss? I'd like for another spoon, please."

Aya blinked. Another spoon?

"Wait, another one? For who, Hina-chan? She'll be here..?"

Sayo chuckled and shook her head.

"Of course no. The last seats are these two, and the other spoon is for you."

Aya took a moment of silence, trying to process her words. The other spoon.. is for her?

"Eh?"

"Yeah. You can have it too. After all, you paid for it."

Sayo smiled rather charmingly and only Aya and God knows how dazzling she is when she did it. Aya nervously took the spoon with a bashful smile.

"T.. Thank you, Sayo-chan~"

And the two of them spent the pleasant noon, started with an accident which ended up as a sweet treat.