Umbrella

Hum hum hum..~

The small noises of Aya's humming can be heard on the empty classroom after school, everyone in the class has left but Aya because the pinkette decided to stay a little longer for some self-researching for her task.

"Aaand done!" Aya finally closed her notebook with a small 'thump' whilst tucking her hair behind her ear. Albeit finishing what she must done, she did not return home instantly but to stay a bit longer at school. Maybe she was trying to do something?

"...Hmm.." The pinkette silenced. Her pink, ribbon-adorned pencil held still in her right hand, and with small movements she started to draw a simple, small love umbrella on her desk. A triangle and a line through the center of the shape and that's it, with heart-shaped doodle just on top. On the left side, she began to write her own name, "Aya". And for the right..

"...How about I put her name?"

The thought crossed her head and it made the idol's cheeks tinted bright red, along with a flustered smile. Her hand began to move to the right side of the love umbrella doodle and wrote another name on it;

this time, it's "Sayo".

Aya was giggling and sighing dreamily, lost in her world before a voice broke her from her fantasies.

"Maruyama-san? Maruyama-san?

...Maruyama-san?"

After a hand reached the back of her shoulder, Aya yelped a cute "eep!?" and turned back to see who's calling her.

"Y-Yes!?"

And― oh goodness, ―it was the person herself. Hikawa Sayo, her crush.

And on top of it, Sayo witnessed the love umbrella made by her, with the pinkette's name and hers..

"...Maruyama-san.. is that..?"

Her finger pointed at the said doodle, before Aya realized it and hastily covering the love umbrella with her arms, quickly being a flustered pink floof.

"S-Sayo-chan! This is― eeh―"

However, Sayo did not seem to mind what she did, but instead she stood there cluelessly, gaze casted somewhere else with a bright red tint on her cheeks, similar to Aya's, but less redder than hers.

"I.. I see. It's not like I mind it."

Said the mint-haired as she twirled her own locks. The two of them still being a pair of flustered little babies, but soon Sayo broke it with a small laugh.

"Also, Maruyama-san― That's so cute of you."

She 'praise' had Aya's head steaming like crazy, before she packed her stuffs, bidding Sayo farewell and walked home with a silly smile on her face without even remembering to erase the spot she'd drawn on.

And for Sayo, she stayed back at Aya's classroom, taking another look at the love umbrella with a soft whisper and a lighthearted smile.

"Oh, Maruyama-san. I like you too."