1.2 | ignorance is a bliss

"Renjun," My clear voice stops him in his tracks as he was about to leave the classroom.

The two of us were the only ones left.

He stood before the doorway, keeping his silence.

"Stop avoiding me." I say, and he lets out a slow breath.

"I'm not."

"Okay, then listen." I told him, and he turns to look at me.

"You said before. About you and Haechan. You were good friends, up until something happened. And you're the..."

I peer behind him and continued, "Vampire prince,"

They might be closer to you than you think. Mark said it before and I remember it as clear as day.

"So does that mean...that Haechan is—"

"Stop. Don't involve yourself any further," He cuts me off entirely with a serious look on his face.

"Whatever you're thinking, it's not that. Besides, you don't have to care about us. Just live your human life."

Without me knowing, I began clenching my fists, and I found myself frowning.

"Look, I don't know why I am involving myself in this. I very much know that I can don't give a care about this. But I...I have been getting these weird dreams ever since I met Jaemin, and I don't understand anything at all! I just want to get my answers..." I spilled, and Renjun's orbs dart to the ground.

"I'm sorry, but please stop getting involved or digging deeper...it's for your own good."

"Again...for my own good? Alright," I stride up to him. "Then I won't talk about this anymore."

He releases a relieved sigh.

"But," I look up at him. "Explain to me about what you said that day I visited your place."

Renjun widens his eyes in surprise.

He knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"What did I say?"

I grit my teeth in exasperation. "You want me to say it? Alright. You said...you said you like me."

Both of our gazes on each other, we remained that way for a little while.

His eyes still on mine, he spoke up.

"...It was a lie. I didn't mean it."

Upon hearing that, I reluctantly broke eye contact with him. "Okay,"

"Well then, I won't ask you anymore. Thanks for answering me." I walked past him and out of the door, all the while looking at the ground.

That's the way we've always been. Ever since I met him half a year ago.

Him keeping secrets, me asking unanswered questions.