2.1 | identity

"Who is...this Soojung?"

Boisterous laughter echoed throughout the entire hall as soon as I allowed curiosity to take over me.

"What's so funny?" I yelled into the darkness.

There was a few seconds of silence until the lights flick open.

The room was smaller than what I had initially thought. It was purely empty. It's interior was similar to the outside, but with a little more grandiose.

A man with stern and dignified features steps closer to me. He was tall and burly, and his appearance sent a shiver down my spine.

Compared to him, I probably seemed like a pest, an insect that he could trample on easily.

So he's the clan's leader.

His eyes were still focused on me, and it seemed like he had no intention to look away. So I stared back. I wasn't going to back down.

When he steps right in front of me, clearly towering over me, it had intimidated me, but I tried hard not to let it show.

Any sign of weakness would be used against me. I learnt that the hard way back at the orphanage.

I was pretty much glaring at him, really.

"Are you not scared?" He asked, a smug grin plastered on his face.

I let out a long sigh, tearing my eyes away from him. "I swear, what is with you werewolves and not answering questions?"

I then looked back and him dead in the eye and added, "Please answer my question first, sir."

He narrows his eyes in amusement, and scoffed.

"Know your place here, human. You are merely a hostage right now. Do not think I would hesitate to hurt you."

He stares down at me.

"What do you expect? I was abducted here. Don't expect me to be polite. What I just offered you is the most you deserve."

The werewolf grits his teeth, his eyes flaring in anger.

He abruptly grabs my cheeks using one hand, in between two of his fingers and lifted my head up.

"Watch me destroy your pretty little face that seduced my son."

I flinched as he roughly let go of my face. His grip had hurt so much that my cheeks were throbbing in pain.

"Your son?" I echoed, slightly confused.

Did he mean Haechan?

"I only wanted to see what kind of human you were. Since I'm already done evaluating you, I have no other business in this room." He turns on his heels, and starts striding towards the door.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

To my surprise, he stopped in his tracks.

He turns around, taking one last look at me.

"I will release you, only if the vampire prince turns up."

With that, the door slams shut behind him, leaving me alone in the large and empty hall.

I snickered at the words he said.

Well, looks like I'm not getting out anytime soon.