Cross:Chapter-12 Tears

I look at Evan and he has tears in his eyes. I can sense something isn't right. 

I walk over to my mothers side and she has a breathing mask on.I look at my brother.

"Evan,why is she wearing that?. I grab her other hand,Its stone cold. 

"S-she's in a coma Angel,the doctor says that she's not gonna wake up". He starts crying.

I stood there frozen,I couldn't move. Dedrict pulled me close.

I started to cry. I couldn't believe what I had heard. My mother was never gonna wake up. 

Dedrict rubbed my back softly. I wept into his chest for what seemed like an eternity.

It felt like everything was frozen in time. All I could hear was the sound of the machine beeping,She laid there lifeless. I could hear other people walking up and down the hall on there  way to visit they're  family members.The doctor walked into the room she had blonde hair and was skinny. I saw the wedding ring on her finger.

"I'm doctor Collins i'm the head  surgeon in the neurology department".

She said. And then looked at Dedrict. 

"Are you family?. She asked him.

"No i'm Angel's boyfriend". He held my hand tightly. 

"Only family members are allowed in the ICU right now if you could please step out". I squeezed his hand tightly not letting go.

"Ms. Collins right now he is my only emotional support,please let him stay".I looked at her and clung to Dedrict.

"Fine please take a seat Ms.Cross".
She took a seat and me and Evan sat down with her.

"This isn't going to be easy to hear so brace yourself,Your mother has lost a lot of blood and she is brain dead,unfortunately there is nothing else we can do she signed a DNR, And as your of age it is your decision whether to keep her on life support". 

I wiped my eyes and looked at Evan. His eyes were filled with tears. I grabbed his hand.

"Yes,please take her off, we don't want her to suffer anymore".

She stood up and walked over to the bed and started to turn off the machines.

Me and Evan walked over and took her hands as we cried.