PART 6.

MC POV:
As I'm swimming, I battle with my own thoughts. I desperately want to swim to the surface to check, but I don't want to risk getting caught. As I'm swimming, my hands hit something, it's not sharp or slimy, but hard and smooth. I can't see what, and I unfortunately can't turn my night vision on. I can only use one ability at a time, so I'd have to stop breathing underwater and that would be a disaster.

Wait, it can't be a rock, I'm nowhere near low enough.

As I move along I try to figure out what it is, I haven't got the faintest idea. Then all of a sudden something clamps around my left ankle, I can't see what it is, but it's strong for sure, it starts dragging me through the water. I can't get free.

I open my eyes to find myself laying on something cold, to my surprise my clothes have been changed, I'm now in the same outfit as before, just dryer and without holes. I sit up to see I'm in a wooden room, only the metal table I'm on and a wooden door.

It's not a HYDRA base, that's for sure, but they're resourceful and have probably just 'borrowed' it.

I can't do more than sit up right now, because my ankles and wrists are tied with metal chains and attached to the table. I smirk.

They underestimate me.

I'm about to heat my hands up when the door opens, walking in is an Agent I know all too well "Well, good morning." "Brooke." "Did you really think you could stay away from us for this long? You escaping was a fluke, you won't be able to do it again. I realise now, that leaving you in a room with only rope holding you, just wasn't enough. We've upgraded. You will submit, you will do as you are told." "Not a chance. I'm not going to work for you." "We gave you these abilities and you thank us by escaping! If it wasn't for us you would be nothing!" "I'd be free." "You will submit." "I will fight till my last breath, I will not give in!" "We'll see about that." He walks out of the room and locks the door behind him.

Right. Plan... I need to get out of these chains, out of this room, fight my way out and find somewhere else to escape to.

"Calor." I get to work, the metal slowly starts to bend.

STEVE POV:
"Argh!" I look down at my left hand, which is once again starting to heat up, we're currently flying along the cliff edge again, Nat notices me "You good?" "It's my hand again, it's heating up." Everyone but Buck, who's flying us, gathers around me. They each grab my hand to feel it, it's awkward, but it doesn't top my own curiosity "Will you guys stop touching my boyfriend." They all reply at about the same time "Sorry Bucky." "Sorry Barnes." "Sharing's caring, Metallica. You can borrow Brucie if you'd like." "Tony!" He chuckles as Banner turns pink. My hand continues to heat up, I can't help but hiss. Stark laughs at me "It can't be that bad." I grab his wrist and he yelps, it leaves a faint pink mark on his skin "You just burned me!" Buck laughs "It can't be that bad." The rest of us laugh too as Stark sits down and sulks, because even Banner laughed.

After a minute or so the heat has gotten far too much "Okay, it's still increasing. What the hell is going on!?" Nat jumps to her feet "Bucky, we need to land by water." As he speeds to land, I grab onto a metal bar to steady myself, to my surprise it starts to bend. We land and Nat drags me out, we're on the little island again. Nat pulls me to the water's edge "Stick your hand in." I put my burning hand into the water and it gradually starts to cool.

Thank goodness.

After a few minutes my hand feels fine, so I take it out, it feels like it's back to normal.