Seven,

Drake

Melissa has seriously been pissing me off lately. I told her we could maybe hang out this weekend, and she has totally blown this shit out of proportion. I mean frankly, I totally forgot I even made "plans" with her. She hasn't, no not in the slightest. Every time I see her she brings up what we're going to do on Saturday. I stupidly told her dinner and a movie just so she'd shut up. This weekend was just gonna be a test to see if she might put out on the first night. I really don't know if I can deal with her for who knows how many more weekends.

Don't get me wrong, Melissa is gorgeous, there's no doubt about it, but it seems like she's already getting attached. I haven't even mentally considered this a date and she's clinging on to me like we've been dating for months. I don't want other girls to get the wrong impression if this thing with Melissa goes wrong. I've never been the guy to not have options open for me if something doesn't work out and I don't know what'd I'd do if she ruined that.

"Hey, G," Mason says as he walks up to me. "Melissa keeps bugging me to ask you where you're taking her tomorrow. What should I tell her?"

I slam my locker shut with frustration. This clingy bitch has gone from me to my best friend and it's royally annoying. With the way our relationship is, she shouldn't even be talking to him unless I'm there- that's just weird.

"I don't know, fucking Hooters or something! I couldn't give two shits." Mason seems surprised by my outburst, but I can't help it. This girl just needs to chill. "Sorry, I just hate that she thinks we're gonna go anywhere more than my bedroom."

Mason nods, understanding. He tells me I should just tell her that, but that would totally drive her away. Girls don't want a "one and done" type deal; they just stay with it because they know that's all they'll ever get.

___

When I get home, I automatically realize I'd rather be working out. I pack my bag and take off to the local gym. This is my extra practice when wrestling season is off. When looking to procrastinate my school work, the gym is where I always find myself.

I park and walk in. There is a basketball courts on one half and machines on the other, so I have to go through the courts to get to the other side. When I scan my key card, I hear the bell on the door ring and, naturally, turn around. None other than Melissa stands there with two younger boys. She doesn't notice me, so I speed walk away as fast as I can.

The doors to the other side come in view when I hear shoes squeak on the court and my name being called; it's her.

"Are you following me or something?" I yell at her without even turning around.

Melissa looks confused as I turn to look at her, which she has no right to be. She furiously shakes her head no and ushers the little kids to go sit on the benches. 

"No, no, I'm not, I swear." She continues to shake her head until she's certain I believe her. Melissa rambles on with reasons as to why she wasn't following me. I hear the words "brothers" and "practice", but the rest is just noise. I wish I could express to her how much I don't care.