Thirteen,

Melissa

It's the days that I spend with him that I cherish the most. I love the feeling of my head in his lap as some stupid movie I love plays on the screen in front of us. His hands unconsciously roam over my head, his fingers passing through each strand of my hair as if he doesn't know when he's going to feel them again. We sit there for hours, just relishing in the idea of each other. The thought of him next to me brings a smile across my lips, always.

The days we sit like that are my favorite. It doesn't matter whether we're going somewhere or doing nothing at all, for being with him is all I seem to care about. The past weeks where we have gotten to know each other, gives me hope that this is the kind of love I have been waiting for since I first heard about the word.

Drake has been busy this past week because of the family party he has tonight. Apparently, his parents always make a big ordeal out of these kinds of things because it's rare to see his entire family in the same room. When he talks about his family, he actually opens up.

Throughout our relationship, whenever I take a brick off of the high walls he has up, he puts two up. It feels as if I have tried to get through every way possible. I always make sure to ask him about his day and if anything seems off, I immediately try to help him through it. Once he unexpectedly came into my room with a somber look on his face. He said that he had a fight with his parents about something unimportant and needed to get his mind off of it. We sat and talked for ten minutes before his hand touched mine and he pulled me forward into his lap. Drake caressed my face and told me he was thankful for my effort, but that it wouldn't work; however, there was another thing he said I could try.

I want to be with him every second of the day and when I can't, I'm always messaging him, no matter how late he responds. Drake is the kind of person to sit and listen to someone ramble for hours, and I feel very lucky for him to choose to do that with me.

My mother stumbles into the living room after not being home for over a day, making me stop my text to Drake mid-sentence.

"I'm going to bed," she mumbled, before throwing her bag down onto the ground and speed-walking to her room.

The twins look up from the screen they have been watching to watch her tight dress retreat, as if she had no other children besides me.

"Lets go," I tell them, reaching my hands out. They grab them and come with me to the car. I was supposed to drive them to a retreat that their baseball team was having, so they were already packed. We were going to leave in a little over an hour, but I knew it was better for them to be out of the house sooner rather than later.

Dropping them off somewhere meant that I wouldn't see them for a few days, and that always hurt. I hugged them as tight as I could and kissed their heads. They promised me they'd be safe and we exchanged "I love you"s before they went into the building the coach was in.

Coming home, I knew I needed something to get my mind off of both my brother's leaving and my mother coming home. Looking at my phone, I see a text from Drake that says he wouldn't be able to text for the rest of the night because of the party he was hosting.

Perfect.