Nine,

Melissa: the "date"

It took me hours to get ready. I needed to look perfect if I wanted to feel perfect and impress Drake. I hope this is a date he'll remember, not because of the plans, but because of me.

The horn blaring from outside my window signified that Drake was here. I had hoped that he'd come up to the door, but it's fine; he must be in a hurry.

I didn't want to ruin any of the plans with my tardiness, so I ran down the stairs and out the door. My mom won't be home until next weekend and the boys are sleeping over at a friends house, so I'm free tonight.

Drake's nice car was on my curb and inside was him smirking at me. I opened the door by myself and got in. He gave me a short greeting and immediately drove off to wherever we were going.

I wanted to talk to Drake during the car ride. It was my intention to use this time to get to know him, since he's so closed off all the time.

I would ask how his day went- fine- he would tell me. I let him know I was excited to be going out with him- cool- he'd say. I asked him why it took so long for him to notice me- I don't know- he'd respond with.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, I decided to tell him how my day was, even if he didn't ask. I'd ramble on and on about absolutely nothing with no interruptions from Drake. He would sit there and nod his head when I got excited about something and shake his head when I talked about something I didn't like. Whenever I made a joke he would crack a smile, all the while continuing to stare at the road and never at me- for safety purposes I'd assume.

Drake was a great listener.

We went into the movie theater side by side, our hands never touching. I started walking closer to him, but he stepped over to, "give me space". He kindly paid for both our tickets and the food. We sat in the back of the theater directly next to each other. The first fifteen minutes were spent with some space between us, but he eventually put his arm around the back of my shoulders.

The way it felt whenever he touched me was something I had never experienced before. This feeling of adrenaline surged through me whenever he was near, and I always felt as if I was high off of it. He was a drug to me that I just couldn't get enough of; thoughts of him invaded my mind throughout the movie. I could barely focus on the action movie he chose because I just wanted to be closer to him. The way we fit together felt perfect.

After the movie, we went out to dinner. His trait of being a good listener made me want to spill all of my secrets to him. I had never talked to anyone about my mother before, but I could tell he wanted to get to know more about me. I feel the same way towards him, yet he is always so closed off. I decided that once I got my life off of my chest, he'd be comfortable to do the same. Unfortunately, that did not happen, but he did tell me about a party he went to last weekend, and that sounded pretty fun.

The way he called me babe once he dropped me off stuck with me until I fell asleep that night. It felt right coming off of his tongue. I wonder what other sweet names he calls me when he thinks of me, just as I am always thinking of him.