Six,

Melissa

People used to always tell me that when others are hurt, they build a tough shell. Their exterior becomes a wall their friends have to climb over to actually know them. They pretend so people don't know the real them, but when you finally manage to climb over that wall and find out who they really are, it's 'beautiful'.

That's not how it is for me. If anything, it's the opposite. I'm fine being myself and acting the way I'd act with anyone else. It's different when you get to know the real me. The wall comes up and the gates come down, but it's not for me, it's for others. I'd rather shut everything inside instead of letting them in. They don't need nor do they deserve to deal with my messed up mind. All of those thoughts are mine and mine alone. I hope one day there's one person that manages to break me down, but who'd want to?

I'll never be a girl who's easy to love, but that doesn't mean I won't fall easily. Nevertheless, I want someone who'll be there to catch me. Sometimes I think I've found that person, but that's insane right?

There's this guy I've known for a couple of weeks. He makes me feel like the only one around. His smile seems designed for me, which gives me the courage to do the same for him, and I have. The way his arm drapes over or around me causes me to giggle just because I'm that happy, which I haven't been in awhile.

We haven't gone on any actual dates, but sometimes I feel that the time I spend just talking to him in school is enough. We do have plans to go out this weekend. I don't know if it's a date, but dinner and a movie is basically the definition of one. I can't wait to hear the doorbell ring and open it so him smiling that gorgeous smile at me. We'll go outside to the car where he'll open the door for me and wait until I'm comfortably inside to close it. The drive will be filled with giddy conversations and laughs from either of us. He'll take me to my favorite restaurant even though I never told him, but he cares enough that he'd ask around. We'll have fun while we eat and inevitably split some dessert. I'll tell him that I can help pay, but he'll force me to let him, which I eventually will.

During the movie, he'll sneakily put his arm around me and I'll snuggle into his neck for the rest of the film. On the way home, he'll walk me to my door and give me a peck to keep my mind reeling until I see him next.

When I lay in my bed and he lays in his, we'll both fall asleep thinking about the next time we could spend a night like this together.

But who knows, it might not even be a date.