Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stepped out of the car and I looked around the place in awe.

He had driven us at the top of a cliff where you could see the view of the entire city.

"This place is... it's beautiful." I said, breathless.

"I'm glad you like it." He chuckled and sat down at the hood of his car so I did the same.

"But why did you bring me here?" I turned to face him. He bit his lip while staring at the gorgeous city lights below us.

"I don't know. I've known this place for a while now and it's special to me." He shrugged.

I nodded at his response and looked up at the sky that was coated with shining stars.

I laid down against the hood of the car and looked up at the sky. I felt him do the same and we just laid there in silence, watching the stars.

"JB?" I broke the silence and he hummed in response. "Why did you decide to take me out in the first place?"

He was quiet for a while before speaking.

"You intrigue me."

I turned my head to catch him already staring at me.

"I'm really nothing special..." I smiled shyly and looked away.

"Jinyoung." He turned his body completely to his side and faced me. "You are."

I felt myself blush at his words so I was thankful for the dark. I looked into his eyes that sparkled under the moonlight and felt a small smile tugging at my lips.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"No worries." He broke the eye contact and stared back up at the starry sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks again for tonight." I said and opened the car door.

"You're welcome. Here's my number by the way." He placed a small piece of paper in my hand which caused my cheeks to redden a bit by his soft touch.

"I'll text you soon. Goodnight, Jaebum." I smiled.

"Goodnight, Jinyoung."

I closed the car door shut and walked to the entrance of my apartment.

Once I had entered the elevator, I looked down at the little piece of parchment that had little numbers scribbled on it.

The metal doors slid open and I stepped out of the elevator. I opened the door since it wasn't locked and went inside.

I was guessing that Jackson was home since the door was unlocked.

I took off my shoes and went straight into my bedroom. I stripped out of my outfit and changed into my sleepwear that consisted of a plain white shirt and black shorts.

I leaned against the headboard of my bed and added JB's number to my contacts.

Me: Hey! It's Jinyoung

JB: Hi!

Me: Just wanted to sat goodnight :)

JB: How sweet. Goodnight to you too

I smiled to myself and connected my phone to my charger and put it on the bedside table.

This time, I could finally fall asleep immediately without any trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And then what happened?" Jackson asked with wide eyes.

"He told me that I intrigued him and I said that I wasn't anyone special and he said that I was. And we ended up stargazing for the rest of the time." I finished the story of last night and Jackson squealed in a high pitched voice.

"That's so adorable! He totally likes you!" He yelled.

"Hah, I don't know." I laughed and rubbed my arm.

"Oh hush, will ya? He does!" He grinned and punched my shoulder playfully. I blushed and looked down. "But the real question is, do you like him?"

I bit my lip and started fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

"I'm not sure." I shrugged.

"Okay, try to explain how you think about him and we'll see. Start." He crossed his arms and leaned back in the couch.

"Well..." I took a deep breath. "I find him to be pretty uhm... to himself? I guess. And there's moments that happen very often where we just sit in complete silence but it doesn't feel like awkward silence. I would describe it to be comforting." I said.

"Mhm~ proceed."

"I really like his appearance as well. He has black and slightly curly hair that reaches the back of his neck. A mullet basically. And his pink lips, soft skin... I could honestly go on forever." I explained and looked up to see Jackson smiling widely.

"You, my friend, are starting to develop feelings for this young man." He smiled proudly and patted my shoulder.

I opened my mouth but closed it again, not knowing what to say.

Was I developing feelings for JB?

"Ah, love. Such a beautiful thing." He stood up and walked away.

I sat there on the couch, with my mouth slightly left open.

Do I really like him?