Chapter 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow! this is really good."

"Really?"

"Yeah! You're an incredible writer, Jinyoung."

"Thanks." I blushed and scratched the back of my neck. Me and Emily were currently at my place and I showed her a bit of the story that I was writing.

"You truly have a talent." she smiled and placed the laptop on my bedside table. We were seated on my bed, both of us leaning against the headboard. "But uh... can we talk about something?" she suddenly asked.

"Of course."

She shifted in her seat and let out a deep sigh before speaking. "I know that this is kinda weird but does your boyfriend hate me?" she asked.

"Oh... it's not weird." I let out a small laugh. "And no, he doesn't hate you. Why would you think that?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Why else would he want to leave so urgently with you. And the way he was looking at me was kinda intimidating." she chuckled. I bit my lip and thought about mine and JB's conversation.

"He doesn't hate you. Don't worry about it." I said. "Now, lets go get something to eat." I smiled and stood up from the bed, extending my hand in front of her. She took my hand and let me help her stand up as well.

"I guess I was just overthinking things." she laughed and took her fingers through her brown hair.

"Yeah. Besides, who could possibly hate you?" I laughed and lightly punched her shoulder.

"Thanks." she laughed and brought me into a tight embrace. I wasn't really expecting this hug so I stood there frozen for a few seconds but soon wrapped my arms around her frame.

We decided to bake some cookies but ended up leaving a giant mess in the kitchen. The end result was still tasty though. We were sitting on the couch while laughing and eating cookies.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Be right back." I said as I stood up from the couch. I shuffled over to the door and opened it to reveal JB.

"Hey!" he smiled.

"Oh, hi!" I smiled back.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk. The weather is really nice today." he said.

"Oh, actually...uhm... I'm hanging out with Emily at the moment." I said. I could see his eyes darken.

"Oh, okay."

"You can come in and join us." I offered him a small smile.

"No, it's fine." he looked down and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Are you sure?" I frowned.

"Yeah. You two have fun though." he smiled softly and started backing away.

"Alright... I'll see ya, I guess."

"See ya." He sped walked to the elevator without a second glance. I bit my bottom lip and frowned while slowly closing the door. What is his problem? Can't I hang out with my friend?

"Who was that?" Emily asked when I came back to the living room.

"No one. Just some salesperson." I replied and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB's POV

I crossed my arms as I leaned against the brick wall of the apartment. It had already gotten dark out so the streets were lit up with an orange tint that came from the streetlights. I was deep in thought when suddenly her tall silhouette came in to view and brought me back to reality. I uncrossed my arms and started walking towards her in a quick pace.

"Hey!"

She turned around and faced me.

"JB?" she squinted her eyes slightly to try to see better in the dark.

"Stay away from Jinyoung." I said lowly with a hard expression. She blinked twice as if to try to comprehend what I just said.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." I said and took a step closer.

"Why exactly would I do that?" she crossed her arms.

"Because I don't trust you."

"That doesn't mean that me and Jinyoung have to stop being friends."

"Do as I say." I growled.

She just let out a humorless laugh. "Whatever. Have a good night." she turned around and walked away. I saw her figure get smaller and smaller the further she got.

I clenched my jaw and balled my hands into fists.

I don't trust her at all.

I know that she's not that innocent as she appears to be.

I know. 

She has to stay away from Jinyoung.