I Need To Get Out | 20

Jocelyn

Well, it's time.

Michaels asleep, I put him right to bed with the roughest sex I could handle without snapping his damn neck, and waited an hour to be sure.

I crawl out of bed and grab the keys, unlocking his office door. I take the bag I hid under his bed and enter his office, quickly stuffing it with the first thing; all the money wrapped in rubber bands. Then, I take the files and place them on top, grabbing the gun along with it.

I place the bag down and peek out, he's still asleep. I take everything out and lock the door behind me, quickly leaving his room. I sigh and rest my back against his door, feeling relieved that I made it out without getting caught. Now, to get around those stupid guards.

I found a way before...many times, so I can do it again. I peep around the corner of the town hall, my eye catching shinny metal. A guard with a gun. I pull out my gun just incase and wait until he rounds the town hall. He does just that and I quickly sprint to the cabins, go right around to Jason. He smiles and I quickly hug him, slightly afraid that I might die because of those guards.

"Hey," he whispers, his eyes traveling straight to my hands. "Bag and gun. Wow. You were not lying."

I roll my eyes. "I told you, multiple times actually." I sit down against the cabin wall and place down the gun, ripping the files right out of the bag. "Here, read through the 'Society' one, I'll read through 'Experiment.'" I hand him the 'Society' folder and open up the 'Experiment' one.

"I need a second," he mumbles. "What if you're right?"

I shrug. "Then I'm right and I'm not surprised."

"Then what?"

"We get to fucking digging."

He presses his lips together and nods. "Alright. Let's do it."

I pick up the first paper in the folder and glance through it, a WiFi bill. Oh my God, that makes sense. During the night there's service and WiFi, during the day there is usually none. He probably has a phone and used to use it during the night until I occupied his time. Dick bag. I'm sure his search history is filled with 'PornHub' and 'Brazzers.' Probably torture. Probably rape.

The next paper is a letter sent by someone named Daniel Macaulay dated yesterday. It says;

Dear Michael,
Now that the barrier is built, when should we start? We can send reinforcements to protect the borders and keep anyone from getting out, people will obviously try to run. You need to start soon though, people will catch on that it's electrical, so make sure they can't touch it, and if they know that everyone outside can get in, they'll figure out it's meant to keep them out. Send over the blood soon, even the dead ones. Thank you.

P.S. You get with the new blonde? I saw her the other day, she's damn sexy.

Sincerely, Daniel Macaulay

What the fuck? What the fuck are they doing with my blood? You're the blonde bitch. Hell no. I hand Jason the paper with my heart racing.

I recall one of the guards names being Daniel, are all the guards in on this too? Of course. They're definitely being paid too.

"If that isn't already enough, I don't know what else is." Something in me is relieved that I was right. Probably because now I feel assured I won't be leaving alone, I'll be going with Jason.

"Don't mix them." His voice shakes with nervousness. "Keep it with you and we'll switch when we're ready."

I pick up the next paper. It's labeled 'Plan.'