Shoot | 21

Jason (Graphic content warning)

This whole day has been straight nervousness for me. Now that it's night, my heart has been pounding. I can't get the thought out of my head that we will get caught. I also still can't comprehend how Michael lied to me all this time. How could he? He lied to all of us for whatever this experiment is, cloning? What the fuck? I don't want to be cloned.

He has my blood. He has her blood. He has all of our blood, and money. Oh God. Everyone needs to get out.

Jocelyn rounds the corner of the cabin, gun in right hand and keys in the left. She grins and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug. I slowly hug her back, still anxious of everything.

I think she can feel my nerves, pulling away with furrowed eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

I run my fingers along her waist, her skin exposed slightly. "Not really."

"You will be when we leave." She takes my right hand and places the keys in it, tipping my chin up with her finger. "I promise."

I press my lips to her cheek and smile lightly, thankful I'm not doing this alone. "Alright."

She drags the gun down my shoulder to my chest, and flickers her eyes up to mine. Holy shit, that's attractive. The fuck is wrong with you? "Don't be an idiot. Be careful when you go to get the shovel. I don't want you getting killed." She hands me the gun and sighs. "I can't wait until we're gone."

"Soon," I mumble. I point the gun down and clench my jaw. "Are you sure you're ready for all this?"

She nods instantly. "I've been ready."

Without another word, I walk around her straight to the shed, no guards in sight. I unlock it, open it, grab the shovel, close it, and lock it back up, no problems. Until I turn around and a guard walks by with his flashlight, glancing around the area. I quickly hide behind the shed and pull the gun, the anticipation of him finding me causing my lungs to collapse on me.

I glance around the corner and see him flash the light at the shed, making me snap my head back to where it was. My hearts pounding, and to my right I can see the cabin where I'm supposed to be headed to. Jocelyn, you better not step out of there.

Footsteps crackles in the grass behind me, if he noticed me, he would've came by now. The steps start fading away so I look back around, the guard nowhere in sight. I make a break for the cabins and quickly slide down to the floor, scared that he might've seen me run. I hand the gun to Jocelyn and drop the keys, jogging over to the fence.

"What if someone notices the hole?" I whisper, glancing behind me.

She shakes her head. "We're finishing it tonight."

I lick my lips and stare back at her, my eyes dropping back down to the bag she didn't have before. "You went back?"

She nods. "The guard saw me, but I'm pretty sure he thought he was hallucinating. He went to check the shed, so I got terrified you were found, but you're good."

I huff out. "I'm good." I stare down at the dirt. "Let's start."

She holds my hand over the shovel. "Can I dig first?"

I nod and she takes it from me, dragging the shovel along the ground as she menacingly walks towards it, her neck exposed due to her hair put into a bun. This time I notice another tattoo on her neck, a pink, purple, and blue dots in a line. I wonder what that's for.

She winds it back and stabs at the ground, shoveling out a large chunk. She throws it to the side and does the same movement multiple times, jabbing the dirt increasingly more aggressively.