Chapter Six

When Cas woke up he found to his disappointment that Dean wasn't in the bed but it was still warm on his side so he was probably still in the apartment. He pushed himself out of bed and threw on a pair I sweatpants he found lying on the floor.

"Dean?" He called as he made his way out of the bedroom.

"Yeah babe?" Dean called back. Cas smiled and walked out into the living room to find that Dean had made pancakes. He seemed to have noticed the surprised expression on Castiel's face when he saw him.

"You didn't really think that I would leave did you?" He asked.

"Well I don't know," Cas mumbled and Dean laughed.

"Nope you're stuck with me," he grabbed Cas by the shoulder and pulled him into his chest, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks for making breakfast Dean," he murmured.

"No problem, let's eat."

Dean planted a soft kiss on top of Castiel's head before letting go and sitting down across from eachother at the table. Cas grabbed two pancakes and put them on his plate, slathering them in butter and maple syrup. He cut into his pancake and shoved a huge piece into his mouth. Cas moaned making Dean laugh.

"These are the best fucking pancakes I have ever had."

"Well thank you," Dean chuckled, taking a bite out of his pancake.

"Are you wanting to be a chef? Because your food is damn good!"

"I've only made you spaghetti and pancakes... But yeah kind of," Dean smiled sheepishly. They finished their breakfast and cleaned the dishes, making small talk as they did so.

"Well I have to get to work," Dean said, checking the time on his phone.

"Okay... I'll see you later then?" Cas asked hopefully.

"I actually have an essay that needs to be written first," he said with a sigh.

"Oh... Okay, yeah I have stuff I need to work on too so... Yeah."

"I'll talk to you later, I promise," Dean said placing a kiss onto Castiel's forehead. Cas nodded as Dean grabbed his stuff and headed out the door.

"Bye Dean," Cas called behind him. Dean chuckled.

"Later Cas."

Cas locked the door and walked down the hall towards his bedroom. He noticed that it actually hurt to walk and he blushed as he recalled the events of the night before.

Cas grabbed a towel and headed to the washroom.

Turning the shower on, Cas started stripping, tossing all his clothes onto the floor. He stepped into the shower. To his disappointment, the smell of Dean started to wash off him, dripping down the drain.

He got out and grabbed his towel, wrapping it around his waist, he picked his clothes up off the ground and went to his room. Cas rummaged through his drawers, eventually finding a pair of jeans and a plain black tee shirt. He threw them on quickly and glanced at his phone.

"Fuck," he sighed, picking it up and punching in the number. It rang three or four times before he heard breathing on the other end.

"Meg, we need to talk."

Meg arrived at his apartment 20 minutes later, her eyes red and glossy. It was obvious she had been crying.

She pushed past Castiel and sat on the couch with her head in her hands. Cas followed, sitting down on the couch across from her.