My New Life

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of my baby crying. I took the blankets off of me.

Gabriel pulled me close to him. "Don't, I will get it. Just sleep, my sweet Belinda." he said. He gave me a kiss on my cheek and got up. He walked up to our precious baby girl, Marisol Isabel Sánchez.

She has black curls, light tan skin, rosy cheeks, and bright light green eyes. She is now two.

"Sh, Marisol, shh! Mami and Papi want to sleep. Por favor!" He begged rocking her back and forth in his arms.

She didn't stop.

I got up and walked over to them. "Here let me! You don't know how to do it." I said reaching for Marisol.

He handed her to me.

I swayed back and forth. "Shh! Quiet, mi niña. Close your eyes and sleep." I cooed. I caressed her cheek with my finger.

She yawned. Her eyes slowly started to close. Finally she was sleeping. I placed her back into her crib. I laid the blankets over her and kissed her forehead.

"How do you do that?" Gabriel asked me with disbelief.

"I am patient and soft. While you are the opposite. And plus she likes me better." I said smiling.

"Oh, so you think! Watch, she is going to become my little princess."

"No she won't!"

"Ha! Come here, mi amor!" he said grabbing my waist. He pulled me close to him. He kissed my lips softly. "I love you, you know that right?"

"No, I don't know that." I said smiling.

"Oh, stop it! If you don't know that then I guess I will just have to show you won't I?" he said smiling.

"Oh, have mercy!" I said as my smile widened.

His warm lips crashed down onto mine. It sent pleasurable shivers through my body.

I put my fingers through his light brown curly hair.

A pleasurable moan escaped his lips. He held me closer to his body. We were so close that if we were any closer we would become one person.

We fell onto the bed. He looked at me with admiring eyes.

"I love you, Belinda!" he whispered. He kissed my neck. "I will always love you." he whispered. Another kiss.

"Oh shut up and just kiss me, you sentimental fool!" I said laughing.

"Fine with me!" he said. He kissed my lips over and over again. Each sweeter than the last.

I loved my new life. No one has heard from Damon since I almost died. I still get dreams though. More and more lately they have been getting worse. I have learned how not to scream and shout during the night. I'd hate to get Gabriel concerned. Every night I see Damon's cold eyes watching me. I hear his laugh clear as day. But I don't think on these things. My life is perfect now. I have a beautiful daughter and Isabel is great.

Isabel has blossomed into a beautiful young lady. She is now fourteen. Her eyes are bigger and her hair is shorter. Her lips are fuller. She is filled with rebelliousness but also a kindness. She is looking more and more like Mama.

My mother has aged a lot over the years. She no longer cares for her looks. She still has that sweet smile she had when I was younger though. Her hair has turned silver and she looks more and more tired everyday. I know that guilt still haunts her in the nights. I pray for her every night.