The Start

'Lilly are you done?' my mum shouted from outside my bedroom door.

I was currently in my bedroom getting ready. Today was the day I finally leave my country. I finally get to be independent.

'Yes mum come in im done' I shouted back zipping my suitcase.

'Im going to miss you alot lilly!' mum said tearing up.

'I'll miss you too mum' I said hugging her.

We hugged for few minutes until it was time to leave to the airport. I grabbed my suitcase and went downstairs where my dad and brothers were. They were all acting manly these few weeks as if they didn't care but once I got downstairs to leave I could see tears forming in each of their eyes.

'Bye dad' I said as I hugged my dad.

'I'll miss you baby doll' he said to me

'I'll miss you too buddy' I pulled away as I walked over to my 19 year old brother Daniel who was practically crying

'I'll miss you you little kid! I'll miss teasing you' he said as I hugged him.

And went over to my other 22 year old brother Sam who didn't say a word but just hugged me and slapped my face for the last time.

'Oh my god Sam, I won't miss you' I said kidding.

We all laughed before I went out the door to put my suitcase in the trunck of the taxi that's waiting for me outside. I got in the backseat of the taxi and closed the door waving to my family who were now stood outside waving back at me.

I reached the airport before I took out my suitcase and paid the driver. I went inside and did the boring exchange of passports and what not. After waiting for about 2 hours, it was time to board my flight that was leaving to Birmingham, United Kingdom. I got on.

------------------------------------------------------------

'Girly, girly wake up' I heard someone say as I was poked on the shoulder several times.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the old lady who was sat next to me on the airplane. I looked at her

'what's going on?' I asked her still trying to recall what's going on.

'We're landing girly, put your seatbelt on' she smiled at me. I then remembered that I'm on a plane. Silly me! I put my seatbelt on as I looked outside the window I was sat next to.

All I could see was buildings and cars that looked like little fire ants. I smiled to the thought that I AM actually finally in the UK. I rubbed my eyes as we started to land.

After getting off the plane and going through what's called control where I received my suitcase after it got checked. I looked around for my friend Aoise who was waiting for me as I'm moving in with her just before I settle down and find a place on my own. Aoise wasn't from Birmingham neither did she live there, but she herself also moved there for independancy. Shes from Ireland.

'LILLY!' I heard someone squeal but got pulled into a tight hug just before I turned around to see Aoise squeazing my lungs out.

'OH MY GOD GIRL YOU'RE SQUEEZING MY INSIDES OUT!' I squealed as she let go.

'But I don't care!' I screamed as I hugged her. Aoise and I have been internet friends for a long time and since she's going to move to Birmingham, she invited me to move in with her and I accepted.

'Come on let's go to my place, I got us an appartment next to the park so this should be fun' she said

---------------------------------------------------------

We had just arrived to Aoise's place and dare I say it was pretty cute. Its tiny, but it looks like it was made for two teenage girls to live in it. It had one kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom each, and a living room and dining room area.

Along with other neccessaties. I was glad to be here.

'Are you ready for your first task living here?' she said as I looked at her confused

'which is...' I said

'I just moved here, like today, and so we don't have any food in the fridge. But I've been here for a visit so I know the area. But I'm meeting a car dealer person to buy a car today all day, so can you pretty please just go and buy the groceries? ' she said really really quickly.

'And how am I supposed to know where the grocery store is?' I asked confused

'Its two blocks away, its huge so its noticable. Okay thank you bye I have to go sorry I'll be back tonight, love you! She said quickly as she left and shut the door behind her and I couldn't reply.

Great, I'm going shopping the first hour I'm here. This should be fun.

After I left the apartment, I walked for about 20 minutes until I saw the huge grocery store. I walked in really confused because it was so different from what we had back home. I spent hours walking around the store completely lost. I didn't know which brands are good and which I should buy. Or where the trollies where, I seriously needed help. I looked around to find no one except for a short haired ,red headed girl. I walked over to her

'Umm, excuse me' I said to her as she turned around. She was really pretty to be honest.

'Yeah?' She said back.

'Can you help me buy my groceries?' I asked awkwardly.

'Excuse me?' She said confused but still smiling.

'I'm new here and I need to buy food and stuff so I don't know where anything is, can you help me?' I asked.

'Sure!' She said back.

'Thanks, I'm Lilly by the way. And you?'

'I'm Natalie ' she said