2

*one week later*

I sit in the hard, plastic chair in the waiting room. I'm reading my magazine, five minutes early for my appointment with Dr. Haynes.
I look up as the door to Room 3 opens and I see that boy again, walking out.
He looks disoriented and nervous. He looks around the room and smiles when he sees me. The same smile from last week.
"H-hi again." He says, "I'm Stefan."
So not Steven. I was close enough.
Why is he talking to me, though?
"Aemilili- but call me Mili." I put my hand out for him to shake it.
"Come here often?" He's trying to make conversation, but his eyes are looking everywhere except me.
"Two years. But I'll be done soon." I actually don't know when I can stop seeing Dr. Haynes.
"Morrigan?" I hear the therapist call my name and stand.
"Nice to meet you, I have to go." I say politely.
"What? Oh, yeah. Talk to you later." Stefan says with his usual distracted mumbling.
...

"So I see you've met Stefan." Dr. Haynes starts.
"Mhm." Is all I say.
"He's sweet, isn't he?" She smirks cheekily.
"He's alright, I guess." I don't want to talk about boys, especially not with Haynes.
"I can see you two hitting it off. Could be good for you to talk with someone your age for once."
Wow. Okay. That hurt.
"I have friends." I lie.
"Oh, I'm not saying you don't- You know what? Let's skip today hm? I think you've been doing great these past few weeks and time off could be good for you." She smiles sympathetically.
"Yeah, okay." I say flatly and stand.
...
Walking out of the building, I see Stefan halfway down the pavement. I don't know why, but I run after him.
"Hey! Stefan!" I call.
He turns around and stops.
"Yeah?" He asks.
"I was wondering- I was wondering what you're doing this afternoon?"
"Uh- I don't really have any plans." He says.
"Great. Want to get lunch?" I ask.
"Sure."
.
.
.
*continue to chapter 3*