16

"Wait!" I yell.
Dr. Haynes looks at me.
"What if I do want to surrender?" I ask.
"Poor Mili. You just can't handle it can you?" She says.
I walk to her with my hands up.
"Mili, what are doi-" Stefan pleads, but I stop him.
"Dr. Haynes, I- I'm sorry. I didn't want any of this. I, I just want everything to go back how it was." Tears roll down my cheeks as I move closer still.
The woman lowers her gun. She rummages through her bag and pulls out a syringe.
"Mili? What are you doing?" I turn around to look at Stefan and see a few tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I was doing fine. I just want to forget all of it." I try to explain to him. Why doesn't he come with me? Simulation or not, at least it was a peaceful life!
"But- but what about us?" He stutters.
"I'll see you there. We'll just start over. Stefan-" I walk up to him and put my hands on his cheeks, "- I love you. I did the moment I saw you, I just didn't acknowledge it. That won't change tomorrow." I try to smile.
"Please don't do this, Mili." He pleads again.
"Come with me, Stefan!"

I go back to Dr. Haynes who has uncapped the needle. She places it above my arm and lowers it into my skin.
The last thing I see is Stefan running out the door.

I should have known. Why would they let me go on living? There's always a chance of me finding out again...
I should have known that I'd never wake up.
.
.
.
.
The End.