9

I- I should go." I say suddenly.
Stefan shakes his head as if he's coming out of a trance, "oh, yeah. Sure."
I hesitate before walking to his bedroom door. I use my hand to stop myself in the doorway.
What am I doing? I don't want to leave! I want to stay. I want to stay so badly!
I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My right foot lifts itself up and makes the move to go forward, into the hallway.
"Wait." I hear Stefan say and he grabs my arm and pulls me toward him.
I close my eyes and feel our lips touch. Stefan's hands go around my waste and I put mine around his neck, our bodies meeting.
In the back of my mind I here the door open, the kettle being turned on.
It wasn't a long kiss but it felt like an eternity.
"Ahem."
We immediately pull away from each other and look at the bedroom doorway where Stefan's father is standing, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed.
I can feel my cheeks going red and when I look at Stefan, I see that he's blushing too.
"Dad! Um, hi." He stumbles.
"This- this is Mili." He gestures to me.
"How-do-you-do, Mili?" The man smiles, "I'm Peter, Stefan's father."
"Nice to meet you," I say sheepishly.
"Stefan, I need you in the kitchen." Peter looks at his son.
"Uh, Okay, in a minute."
"I should go anyway," I say, wanting more than anything to get out of this awkward situation.
"Really? You don't have to-"
"No, no! My mum is probably wondering about me." I look for an excuse.
"Well, I guess I'll see you soon?" He looks at me.
"How about tomorrow?" I smile.
I start to walk out, but Stefan pulls my arm and spins me toward him for one last peck.
I smile giddily as I walk down the street to the bus stop.
.
.
.
*Continue to chapter 10*