13

I kept wiping away tears until they no longer formed. I sank to the ground in the dead of night, holding what had to be Michael, in my hands. As the lack of sleep began to take over, I saw a shadow of someone coming my way.

Time Skip
I woke up in a Japanese-style room. I pushed myself up and heard the door slide open, "I heard you had gone back to Italy. What are you doing back here?" I heard Misono ask. "I... I was forced to come back. I had no choice. A-and Michael... I wouldn't have formed the contract last year if I knew this would happen! I'm mean, I've done this to him!" I said, feeling like I would cry any moment. I held my knees to my chest, not knowing what to do anymore. "Follow me, okay? Everyone has been worried since Tetsu found you" Misono said, and I slowly stood up and followed him. As we neared a room I heard commotion come from, I saw the gold sphere roll across the floor. I picked it up as it rolled past my feet, and looked at it. I saw a swirl of smoke before I saw Michael. He sat with his arms crossed, an irritated look on his face, "Michael? Y-you're okay?" "Of course I am! I'm just stuck in here! And it's my own damn fault!" he yelled. Out of surprise, I ended up dropping him. I paled when I saw the crack form and got on my knees with tears in my eyes. "I-I'm sorry! Please forgive me Michael!" "Alex, it's fine. J-just be careful, okay?" he said in a soothing voice. I wiped underneath my eyes before picking him back up, "At least you aren't sick anymore, right?" "Uhu. That's true" I responded. I looked back at Misono, "Sorry about that. I guess I was right in assuming the gold sphere is what Michael turned into. I guess I should explain everything" I said, "Once we get to the room where everyone else is" he said before we continued walking.

When Misono opened the door, he spoke, "Alex is awake" he said, and everyone looked up. "Yeah, I came back. I had to, or I would be dead right now" I said as I sat down next to Mahiru who looked worried about something. "You okay, kid?" I asked him. He met my gaze and attempted a smile. I put a hand on his head, "It's going to be okay. I'm in a pretty bad situation myself" I said and looked at the group. I set Michael on the table gingerly, not wanting to cause any more harm to him. He stood up and placed his hands on the surface, "It's going to be fine, Alex. Once we figure this out, I'll be back to normal in no time!" he said. I smiled as I nodded, "Of course. I'm glad to hear that" I said with a sad smile on my face.

I looked back at the group, taking a deep breath. "I don't know where to start. So much has happened to me..." I muttered in my native tounge. When I realized my mistake, I lowered my gaze, "Sorry. I know you can't understand Italian. I do that sometimes. But it's gotten better" I said quietly. "Why don't you start with why you had to come back here" Hugh suggested. I nodded my head in agreement, "To start with, Higan followed us. He tried to forcefully bring me back. You know who he is, right?" I asked, "Yes. He's taken Lawless and Licht" he responded. My eyes widened as I looked at the small vampire in disbelief, "No.... not Licht" I said quietly.

Birthday is February 21st