three.

Atrocious singing makes me frown and turn over onto my back to Eliana and Noelle loudly singing the happy birthday song with a cupcake hosting a single lit candle

Atrocious singing makes me frown and turn over onto my back to Eliana and Noelle loudly singing the happy birthday song with a cupcake hosting a single lit candle. Immediately, I recognize the flash of their phones and yank my oversized bonnet over my eyes. I know I look crusty, fresh from my sleep, and they're trying to record me. They knew better than to embarrass me like this.

"Happy birthday to a baddieeee, happy birthday to youuu!"

"Yes, thank you. Thank you. But please I look mad crusty." I reveal my face from underneath my bonnet and rub over my eyes.

"Girl, no one cares! Make a wish and blow out this candle." Eli stretches the cupcake closer to my face. I push my bonnet further away from my face and sit up against the headboard, taking the cupcake from her hand.

"Make it a good wish, Kori. I mean I know we're in Turks right now but make it something even bigger." says Noey.

I think for a short moment then give them a nod. Thank you for another year, Lord, all I want is to continue to be happy and live my best life. I take a short pause after my wish then blow the fire out, in which they give me claps and cheer for. My hand palms my face at their excitement for my day, filling me with pure joy. I love my friends like no other.

"Okay, okay, now that I've been woken up, I have to pee. Excuse me." I shoo Eliana from my bedside to give me room to climb from the bed.

The floor is excruciatingly cold. I tip toe towards the bathroom and rather than take a seat on the toilet, I take in my appearance. A lopsided bonnet. Freshly arched eyebrows. New set of lash extensions. A swollen nose. Swollen lips. Puffy eyes. Even in my morning, I admire myself by puckering my lips and throwing up the peace sign. It makes me chuckle to myself before I actually allow myself to use the bathroom.

Since I unpacked upon arrival, I began my morning hygiene afterwards. It extends my absence by five minutes so, Eliana enters the bathroom— well more like bursts into the bathroom to see what I'm up to. I notice she's already dressed in her bikini and cover up for our day on a yacht, and her makeup is in the process of being done. It makes me wonder what time it is.