thirty nine

      The service driver for my short time here in LA held the back door open for me while I found my enormous Dior shades in my purse

      The service driver for my short time here in LA held the back door open for me while I found my enormous Dior shades in my purse. Once I had them, I pushed them over my eyes and slipped from the backseat. The warm heat produced chills as my body relaxed. It'd been super cold in the Suburban truck so my body was thanking me for the vitamin D. Especially since it's been weeks since I'd actually stepped foot outside. Majority of my time had been spent in Orlando with family or making small trips to handle major obligations. Each time I left, I was in and out and back in Orlando cuddling with Khloe and both Willows.

The only reason I'd come to Los Angeles was to be a responsible adult and bring my team up to speed on everything that has happened with me. I didn't want to blindside any of them. A few of them solely depended on me and the others made majority of their income from me. Therefore, it was my responsibility to keep them looped in and give them options or things to think about. The next few months were going to be dry on my end and they deserved to know that.

"This meeting may be an hour or so. I'll text you when we're wrapping up. Go and get you something to eat or something." I told the driver. He gave me a nod.

Jeffery pushed the main door open and held up a strawberry coolata with whip cream on top in the air. I broke out into a smile. He knew that it was one of my favorite drinks and would make me feel better. He knew that I hadn't been myself lately and was aware of a few things that the others weren't quite aware of. But that was because he was my manager and was with me at the gigs I'd been tending to lately.

"I figured you'd be a lil in your head since you called this meeting. I'm guessing I should be worried?" he handed me the drink.

I sighed, "You? No. A few others? A little."

"Well, you look good if that helps any."

I glanced down at my outfit — a slightly oversized powder blue Leaux crewneck, black leggings, white high socks, and a pair of UNC Patent 1's. It wasn't anything special but it was comfy.

"I guess." I shrugged. "Is everyone here?"

"Yep, we're just waiting on you." he gestured for me to enter first.