Chapter 6

Leaning down I kissed Jack's cheek as him and Cass talked.
Sam went on a coffee run and Dean was still past out asleep.
I sat down as the alarm started beeping and Jack was typing on the laptop, and Jack turned it off the alarm.
"I'll go tell them." Jack said getting up as my eyes widened.
"Jack!" I called after my boyfriend.
"Jack!" Cass said as Dean was loudly snoring.
"Dean? Dean?"
"Jack, I wouldn't do that!" Jack shaked Dean awake.
"Aah!" Jack yelled as Dean cocked his gun.
"No, no, no! Dean it's me." Jack said putting his hands up.
"It's me."
"Ah, hey." Sam said as he stepped in to the scene.
"Who's making me coffee?" Dean asked getting up as Cass turned to Jack.
"I told you."
"He's an angry sleeper." I told Jack.
"Like a bear." Jack said as I giggled.

"Okay, so code three means officer down." I said.
"Looks like the victim was --."
"Covered in bite marks."
"Like from a zombie?" Jack asked as I grabbed his shoulder.
"Or anything else that has teeth." Dean said.
"All right, changes of plans." Sam said.
"Jack, Juliet and I will hit the graveyard. You can Cass hit up the crime scene." Sam said.
"Works for me." Dean said slurping his coffee as I rolled my eyes.

              Jack and I were once again making out in the motel room, Sam of course dropped us of before checking in on Dean and Cass.
I wanted to just lay down and flip through the tv channels, but Jack had other idea.
"Am I doing better?" He asked as I smiled.
"Yes, very much so. Where'd you learn this?" I asked.
"I have a really good teacher and while you and Sam were out getting dinner, Dean decided to watch a movie." I rolled my eyes.
"Well." I fixed his jacket collar.
"I am very proud of you finding this case. I'm happy you are getting out of your comfort zone."
"Me too." He smiled as I giggled.
His hands slid underneath my butt pulling me closer to his body.
"Jack?"
"Sh." His lips pressed onto mine forcefully as I tangled my hand in his hair.
I pulled causing him to moan, until the motel door started to rattle.
Jack and I pulled apart as he went to the laptop and I went on my phone.
The door opened as Sam, Dean, and Cass stepped in.
"I think I found something." Jack said as Cass sat beside us.
"I tracked the plates on the stolen truck from the crime scene and I went through the city's traffic camera footage, and look." Jack turned the laptop around to show Sam and Dean.
"This is it. From yesterday, before the deputy was killed." Jack said.
"Well, then, who's drivin'?" Sam asked.
"Holy crap." Dean said.
"That's Dave Mather."
"Who?"
"Dave Mather." Dean said rolling his eyes.
"Cowboy. Outlaw. One of Dodge City gang." Dean said.
"He was one of the greatest gunfighters ever. I mean, he died in 1886, which makes this a little weird, but." Dean laughed getting up.
"Mysterious Dave Mather. I'm gonna go get my boots on." Dean said walking away.
"One of the best gunslingers ever! Whoo!" Dean said disappearing as I looked at the three.
"He scares me sometimes." I said.
"Me too." Sam patted my shoulders.

       Jack was shaking as we stood at the impala, he accidentally killed the security guard.
"Hey." I touched his shoulder as he moved away.
"Do-don't touch me." Jack snapped as I nodded.
"At least let me talk to you, I'm worried for you."
"Juliet. I just don't want to talk right now."
"All right, all right." I started walking away from him but turned around.
"I'm not scared of you Jack Kline if that's what you are thinking." I shook my head before putting myself in the back of the impala.
Sam, Cass, and Jack came into the impala as Dean walked away from it.
"Where's Dean going?" I asked.
"He uh, he's staying to finish. We're going home." Sam said as I nodded.
"Oh okay." I said as Cass reached for the stereo.
I reached over grabbing it pulling his hand back.
"Let's drive in quiet."
Cass nodded as Sam pulled out of the parking lot.

       The drive home was silent as Jack didn't say a word and just stared out the window.
All I wanted to do was grab his hand and tell him it was okay, but stopped myself from doing so.
"Jack, you, uh you okay?" Sam asked as I turned to the boy.
"Jack, I've killed people who didn't deserve it my friends -- I've killed people I loved. I wish I could tell you that it -- gets easier, that with time, it hurts less but that would be a lie because it -- it never gets easier." Sam shook his head.
"And those moments, they never stop hurting. But that doesn't mean that you should stop fighting... Doesn't mean that just because you made a mistake -- and that's what this is, Jack is a mistake."
"That doesn't mean the you can't -- can't be better, do better. I believe that. I have to believe that. And we still believe in you, Jack." Sam said.
"We, uh ---." Jack looked at Sam.
"Stop. Just please stop." Jack said slumbering back into his seat.
I sighed looking at Cass as he nodded.
I cleared my throat before singing a song to make Jack fall asleep.
"Somewhere over the rainbow.
Way up high. There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby." I sang softly looking over at Jack.
"Somewhere over the rainbow. Skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream. Really do come true... Someday I'll wish upon a star, And wake up where the clouds are far. Behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops. Away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me."
I looked over to Jack to see him fast asleep, causing me to sigh.
I leaned over to kiss his cheek before sitting back down.
"Sweet dreams, Jay." I mumbled resting my head against the window.

     Dean made his way into the bunker later that day as Sam, Cass and I sat in the library as Jack was in room.
"Hey." I said looking at my big brother.
"Hey."
"How'd it go?" Cass asked.
"Usual. Killed the bad guy, saved the girl." He dropped his bag on the ground with a thud.
"What about the, uh."
"Took care of it." Dean said.
"Good."
"Good?" I looked up see Jack standing there.
"How is it good? I killed someone." Jack said.
"What was his name? The guard? Did he have a family?"
"Jack, don't do this to yourself." I said.
"No. Did he?" Jack snapped.
"Yes, he did. Jack, look, this life, what we do, it's it's not easy." Dean said.
"And we've all done things we regret."
"Just don't." Jack said stepping forward as Cass moved back.
"You're afraid of me." Jack said.
"Jay, no." I said standing up.
"No, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just another monster." Jack said.
"No, you're not." Dean shook his head.
"I thought you were. I did. But like Sam said, we've all done bad. We all have blood on our hands." Dean said.
"So if you're a monster, we're all monsters."
"No, you don't." Jack shook his head.
"Every time I try and do something good, people get hurt. I thought I was getting better. I'm not I don't know what I am, but I know I can't make the world a better place, not like this." My eyes watered as Cass touched my shoulder.
"I can't even do one good thing. And I know that if I stay, I'm gonna hurt you." He looked at Cass.
"All of you. And I can't. You're all I have."
"Jack listen."
"I have to go."
"No, Jack." Tears streamed down my face.
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." Jack raised his hand zapping us back as I hit the pole causing my vision to go blurry.
"Jack."
"Hey."
"Jack! He's gone." Sam said

"This is all your fault!" I told Sam as I shook up rubbing my head.
"What?"
"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" I screamed at him making the boys step back.
"You just had to let him come on cases! When he should've been here training, but no you thought he was ready for it! News flash Samuel he's gone! My boyfriend he's gone." I said shaking my head.
"Boyfriend?" Dean asked.
"It doesn't matter now... I-I can't stay here, I'm leaving, don't think of following me." I told the three before storming to my room.