Chapter 16

Jack and I drove to Detroit behind Sam and the others.
He was silent which was unusual for him.
"You okay babe?" I asked as I gave him a side glance.
"Yes." I held my hand out.
"No, you are not. You can tell me, that's what couples do." He sighed.
His hands slipped into mine as I brought them up to kiss it.
"I just feel useless. I heard what Bobby said, and it hurt."
"You are not useless, you've lost your powers so you feel like you can't contribute the way that you did before. But believe me, Jack Kline, you are not useless." I told my boyfriend.
"I love you, Juliet." I smiled.
"I love you too." Jack leaned over kissing my cheek.

I stepped out of the car, holding out my hand for Jack to grab before going over to Sam.
"Here." Sam handed Mary the demon blade.
"The demon killing knife. Are you sure?" Mary asked.
"Yeah. They'll search me. It's safer with you." Sam replied.
"All right. You know what to do."
"I'll be back okay?" I told Jack as he nodded.
"Be safe."
He gave me a kiss.

Sam and I made our way inside to see Cas tied to a chair, bruised and beaten.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the great Sam and Juliet Winchester." Sam and I shared a look.
"I have heard so much about you two. You two are damn legends." I rolled my eyes.
"Sam -- a-an icon. Th-the shoulders, the -- the hair. And Juliet, the eyebrows, the feminine beauty, you two are my Beyonce's."
"I prefer Rihanna... are you okay Cas?" I asked.
"Of course he is. I don't damage the merchandise." I went to Cas' side.
"I'm more embarrassed than I am hurt."
"Still handsome though." I smiled.
"And you are?" Sam asked him.
"Kipling. Uh, Kip for short." He replied.
"Cool. Kip. We're here like you asked, so.."
"Yeah, you're here, but not exactly as I asked." My stomach turned.
"You see, I told you two to come alone. But." Kip was cut off as two men brought in Jack and Maggie.
"Found them outside. Didn't even put up a fight." The demon pushed them in.
"I'm sorry, Sam." Jack said as the demon punched him in the stomach.
"Jack!" I yelled as a demon grabbed me.
"It's fine. You tried. But I'm gonna need a little bit more now, you know not to eat them." I growled.
"Let her go Jamie. And It's just, you know, late capitalism. You understand." Kip said.
"So, Sam, Juliet, let's make a deal."
"You're looking to make a deal?" Sam asked.
"I'm a demon. That's how we do." Kip said.
"Please. Sit." Sam and I didn't move.
"You should sit darling, you're looking a little pale." Kip said as everyone looked at me.
Jamie grabbed my arm taking me to a chair as I sat down.
"What do you want?" Sam asked.
"That is a very good question. What do I want?" I rolled my eyes as the woman behind the counter handed me a cup of water.
"You know, I don't know if you're aware or not, Sam, but Hell's in a bit of a pickle, you know, with Crowley dead." My heart tightened.
"And Asmodeus Kentucky fired which means."
"I don't care." Sam replied.
"Yes, you do. Or you will. You see, for the first time in a very long time, Hell is without a King. And that -- that's not just right. So, I --."
"So, you volunteer." I scoffed.
"Exactly."
"Why are you telling us all this?" Sam asked him.
"Because I want to work with you two, Sam, Juliet, not against you." Kip said.
"And is that why you took me hostage?" Cas asked.
"It's exactly why you're still breathing." Kip said.
"It gives me a chance to show Sam, Juliet and friends that I can hurt them but choose not too. You see, I want the Crowley Deal." I scoffed.
"I give you information, a spot of help every now and again, and in return, you choose to turn a blind eye to the crossroads deals, the demon-on-demon violence, et cetera." Kip said.
"We never gave Crowley that deal." Sam said.
"How exciting. Then I would be breaking new ground." Kip said.
"All right. You got some good lines, I'll give you that, but you're no Crowley." Said Sam.
"I know that. And so do they."
"Ouch! Owie!" Kip said holding his chest.
"I know that I'm not that ponce-y son of a bitch." Kip got up.
"You see, in life, I rode with Genghis Khan, and I burned half the world. So, please, do you think that I like prancing around like this? Please. If I had it my way, I would eat your heart." Kip grabbed Sam's chest.
"But a kind has an image to maintain. And I'm not afraid of you. But they are." I looked at all the demons around the room.
"So, take the deal, Sam, before I stop trying to be Crowley and I show you who I really am... so, what do you say, darling?" Kip asked Sam.
"No." He simply replied.
"A-are you sure, because I know things -- a-all sorts of things."
"Yeah. So do we." Sam said.
"Like?" The door broke opened as Bobby and Mary walked in and started shooting as I went to the ground.
I tried to crawl away but I suddenly felt dizzy causing the world around me to go dark.