Chapter 28

Heaven was silent to say the least causing me to worry.
"Hello? Hello?" Cas and I turned down the hall to see two angels laying on the floor.
"Zuriel." I went to the other angel.
She gasped awake sitting up.
"Dumah."
"Castiel." I helped her up.
"What happened?" I asked her.
"I don't know. We were just... that stuff when it touched me, everything just went black." She told us.
"I thought you were supposed to be on earth."
"I'm looking for someone. Jack. We have to find him." We were about to leave but Dumah stopped us.
"Don't leave me." We nodded.

We made our way towards this truck stop, heaven confused the fuck outta me.
"It's cold." I touched the impala's hood.
"He's not here?" He turned.
"Hello, Castiel, Dumah, Juliet. Jack's gone." Naomi told us.
"How is that possible?" Asked Cas.
"Perhaps the angel side of him knew he was in Heaven. In any case he's gone." I touched my stomach.
"Naomi, what is happening?" Dumah asked.
"We're under attack. It stormed the gates. It defeated our defenses. There are only a few of us left, we couldn't stop it." Naomi replied.
"It?" I asked.
"What do you mean by "it"?" I asked.
"The shadow, the thing that rules the empty. I'm surprised you didn't recognize its handiwork, Castiel. I thought you were old friends."
"How did you know?" Cas asked.
"You're the only one of us who ever escaped." Naomi said.
"What does it want?" Dumah asked.
"The boy. The empty considers Jack its property. And who knows? Maybe it's right. He is half-angel."
"So, what do we do?" I asked.
"Give it what it wants." I scoffed.
"No fucking way." I said.
"Tell m -- what choice do we have? If we don't meet its demands, Heaven will fall. 46,750,000,000 human souls will be cast in the wind. What's one nephilim boy against all that?" Cas and I looked at each other.
"You know I'm right, Castiel. This is what we have to do." Naomi said.
"No." We started walking away.
"Castiel." Naomi grabbed Cas' shoulder before gasping.
"Naomi?" Cas asked.
"Run." I grabbed Cas' hand as we ran off.

We cut through some trees and made it to a beautiful garden.
"You're sure he's here?" Dumah asked.
"I know him. He's here." Cas said as we made our way to the door.
"Babe?" I asked through the door.
"Juliet?" Tears came to my eyes.
The door opened reveling Jack as Cas and I walked in.
Cas closed the door as I pulled Jack in for a kiss.
"Hello, Castiel." I pulled away cupping his cheeks.
"I've missed you so much." I told Jack.
"I missed you too." He smiled giving me another kiss.
"Who's this?" I turned my head to see Kelly Kline.
"Mom, this is my girlfriend, Juliet." We shook hands.
"What are you doing here?" Jack asked.
"Sam, Dean, Juliet and I -- we found a way to bring you home." Cas said.
"So, I'll be alive again?" I nodded.
"Yeah. But to do so, we -- we need to use magic that will draw on your soul." Cas said.
"What do you mean, my soul?"
"It'll be just a small piece. And I know it's too much to ask, but it's the only way." I said.
"No. I-I don't know." Kelly said.
"It's not just Jack's life that's at stake. It -- the empty has invaded Heaven because it wants you." Said Cas.
"Why him?"
"Because Jack is half-angel, and we angels -- when we die, we go to another place. It's a place that's just endless. And this entity -- it won't stop until it finds you."
"But if you're not here and you're with us alive."
"Then it'll leave heaven." Jack said as we nodded.
"Smart." Dumah walked in as the baby sensed evil.
"Dumah." Cas said.
"It's not Dumah." I touched my stomach.

"That baby you got there is a smart one." I growled at her.
"You're the Empty." Cas said.
"Pretty good, huh? You ready to go?" It looked at Jack.
"You stay away from him." Cas stood in front of us.
"Castiel, you know how this goes -- the good souls here, the bad there. The angels are mine."
"Enough." Cas yelled.
"Stop interrupting! Start playing attention!" Her breathing was shakily.
"I'm taking him. And where I'm taking you is worse than Hell because at least hell is something." The Empty looked at Cas.
"Ohh. Ohh. God, they look scared." She gasped.
"Does that hurt you? Good been I want it to." Cas pulled out the angel blade about to stab her but she threw him into the cupboards.
"Hey! You threw my angel!" I said stepping closer.
"Juliet May Winchester. I have heard so much about you, pregnant with the son of Lucifer's child. And one of the strongest sirens out there, not to mention your mother died because of you."
I growled as I marched over to her holding my hand out as a golf club flew into it.
I brought it up to her throat shoving her against a wall.
"You shut you fucking mouth!" I yelled.
"It's true isn't it? You let the demon into your house, you killed your mother!"
I hit her in the face with the club as she fell to the ground.
"I didn't! I didn't! I didn't!" I smashed her face with the club multiple times but she still smiled.
She flicked her hand as I hit the wall.
My head went dark but I healed soon after.
"Take me." Cas stood.
"A little louder, please." The Empty asked sternly.
"Take me instead of him. Take me." Cas said.
"You?"
"I'm the one you want. I'm the one who woke you up."
"Cas don't." I coughed as Jack fell out of her grip.
"You? But you're already mine." She said.
"Not for years eons maybe. But if you'll agree, I will go now, and I will go willingly."
"You'd leave the girl you love?" She tilted her head to me.
"Yes."
"Deal." She chuckled.
Cas closed his eyes waiting for her to take him but she never did.
"Oh, but not now. No, no, no, no, no. No, you see, I meant what I said. I want you to suffer. I want you to go back to your normal life and than forget about me. And then, when you finally give yourself permission to be happy and let the sun shine on your face, that's when I'll come." She smiled insanely.
"That's when I'll come to drag you to nothing."
"I accept."

Next chapter will be the last one... of this book, book two will likely be out later today (its 1:09am where i live) so YAY!