Chapter 5: You Made It Our Fight

Two Nightmares zigzag along the rooftops, searching for victims. You and Jack, loving the chase, are in hot pursuit with Sandy, who's riding along on a streak of Dreamsand.
"Wahooo!" Jack exclaims with excitement. "Haha! Yes!" You shout as you glance over at Jack. He looks over at you and the two of you smile at each other as ne of the Nightmares splits off, angling for a bedroom window. Sandy calmly follows.

The other one angles up over the house's roof to evade you two as you two parkour over the roof after it. Through the windows below, flashes of gold and sickly green lights race through the house as Sandy battles the Nightmare.

The Nightmare, you and Jack zoom away from the house just as Sandy and the first Nightmare blast out of the window. Sandy wrestles with it until it explodes into golden Dreamsand which he quickly transforms into a Sting Ray for him to ride. You and Jack fly through town on the heels of the Nightmare. It makes a sharp turn down an alleyway and you two quickly follow.

The Nightmare then veers up the wall of the alley and onto a rooftop. You wave your hands as Jack whips his staff, and together, a blast of ice from his staff and you hands hits the Nightmare before it disappears from view. "We got it!" Jack shouts as you and him jump up onto the roof. Jack then prods the frozen Nightmare with his staff.

Both of you start to chuckle as you two jump up and down, unable to contain your excitement. Then both of you embrace each other for a few moments. You held onto Jack then you pull back slightly to see that he was looking at you. A smile spreads across your face as the two of you look at each other, lovingly, your heart was beating rapidly as he caresses your cheek in his right hand.

Then, slowly, you and Jack start to lean your head towards each other, your lips were just inches from each other when suddenly Pitch lurches out from behind an air conditioning unit on the rooftop.

"Frost? Storm?" He said and you two jump away from each other then Jack blasts a wave of frost while you fling a stream of water across the rooftop.
But Pitch easily dodges it, reappearing behind you and Jack on the adjoining rooftop. "Sorry....did I interrupt something?" Pitch asked then he let's out a laugh as he disappears again.
You and Jack stand back-to-back against each other as Jack raises his staff and balls of water form over your hands.

"You know, for a neutral party you two spend an awful lot of time with those weirdos." Pitch said as he reappeared in front of you. "This isn't your fight, Jack and (y/n)."

"You made it our fight when you stole those teeth." You growled at him. "Teeth? Why do you two care about the teeth?" Pitch asks when he notices something and turns to find Sandy calmly standing on the rooftop next to him. Pitch quickly sidesteps, moving away from Sandy. "Now this is who I'm looking for--"

Before Pitch can finish a Dreamsand stream whips around him, forcing him to duck and dodge Sandy's sudden attack. Pitch disperses a stream of Nightmare sand, turning it into a gigantic sickle and swings it back at Sandy. Jack grabs your shoulder and pulls you down as he ducks, avoiding injury. Sandy's pushed back against a ledge then quickly grabs Pitch with another Dreamsand stream and yanks him off his feet, slamming him repeatedly against the tops of the buildings until finally throwing him off the rooftop. Pitch bounces off the ground as he crashes into an empty street.

As Sandy dusts his hands and calmly steps off the rooftop to follow. You and Jack look on, astonished. "Remind us not to get on your bad side." You said to Sandy who smiles at you two.

Pitch shakes off the crash, trying to back up as Sandy touches down and moves toward him, you and Jack follow. Pitch cowers on the ground in fear as they approach. "Okay, easy! You can't blame me for trying, Sandy. You don't know what it's like to be weak and hated. It was stupid of me to mess with your dreams. So I'll tell you what-" Pitch said as Sandy continues forward, grim faced. But suddenly Pitch stops cowering and stands up, his tone changes. "You can have'em back!"