Chapter nine - "I'll be okay."

I ran after him. I thought he ran to the bathroom but he didn't. I could see him leaving the school. I had no idea where was he running.
"Jack! Please stop!" I shouted. He didn't even look at me, he was running faster and faster that I could barely see him, but I tried to be faster too. He ran behind the corner. When I ran there too, I could see him walking slowly. He stopped at one specific grave. I wasn't that stupid, I realized who's there. I went to the bush and I picked up a rose. I came to Jack and put the rose in vase which was empty.
"She was so beautiful.. She was my angel.." he said and sat down, looking at her grave. I sat down too.

"She was.. just the most perfect mother. She knew about my sexuality, cause I came out to her. She never told my father about that, because she knew he couldn't stand it.. He hates people who are 'different' than the others. That means he hates gays as well. That's why he still doesn't know.. But she.. She was just the happiness in our house, she was the sunshine, she helped me through everything.. She also knew about you.." he said and put his head on my shoulder.

"I was talking about you for hours and she was still listening, because she knew how obsessed with you I was.. She wanted to meet you in person one day.. I mean, she did.. but you didn't even know.." he giggled.
"What do you mean?"
"She worked at your favourite cafeteria.. I think she said she was the only woman you were talking there with."
"Wait, that was her?" I asked surprised. He nodded.
"But.. That means she knew about you bullying me.."
"Yeah, she did.. When she realized you're talking about me, how hurt you are by me and so on, she was angry at me one period of time. But when she saw me crying every night in my room, she was trying to help me. But I was still crying because I was hurting the person I cared about so much and you were crying at her, she tried to help to both of us, you were for her like second son. You were at her almost every day and she loved you so much." He smiled at me.

"Jack I'm so sorry. I really am.. But why didn't you tell me?" I took his hand.
"I don't know. I just wasn't ready.. At least you know it now.." he put his head on my shoulder again.
"But what about those bruises..?" I asked him and rolled up his sleeve.
"Oh.. yeah.. well, I didn't finish the story.. My mum and my father had amazing relationship, they were like perfect parents from movie. But then, my mum got a cancer. My father was looking after her, but when she didn't see him, he was crying. A lot. She didn't want us to see crying, that's why he didn't cry in front of her eyes.
She always wanted us to be happy no matter what. Because she was always smiling too. Like I said, she was sunshine. She was fighting with cancer for 2 years. And 4 months ago, she passed out. At her last surgery she lost too much blood, so she didn't make it. That's why I wasn't at school for a few months, my father let me be home. But I wasn't doing anything. I was just lying on my bed, thinking about how my life was fucked up. I realized that I need to stop with bullying, so I stopped. But my dad.. My dad has changed a lot.. Now he's doing nothing but drinking alcohol.. Going with his old friends to pubs and he's always drunk when he comes back. I mean, he usually doesn't do anything to me.. But because he saw me with you.. really close.. I have no idea if he saw us kissing but he opened the door when we were still so close, so I think he knows or at least he thinks that. So this is my dad's job." He finished and looked at his bruises.

"Honey but you should tell me you know. I freaked out when I saw the bruises cause I thought it's Oliver's job." I said worried. He just kissed my hand.
"I'll be okay." He smiled sadly.
"I'll help you."
"You're helping me enough with your existence sweetheart." He leaned in and kissed me softly.
"But thank you.." he said and stood up.

"Well, I guess we missed school, so we should go home hahah." He said and walked away.
"Wait!" I shouted. He turned back to me.
"We can go to my house. My mum told me you can be there whenever we want. Except on late nights and so on cause she doesn't want you to have problems with your dad." When I told him that, he smiled, took my hand and started walking.

Mum: I hope Jack is going to our house today, because I planned a little dinner for all of us! x

Brook: Wow, really? That's so cool mum! We're just going there. We'll be home in twenty minutes.

When we came in, my little angel jumped on me as always. I kissed her on cheek. What surprised me was that she hugged Jack. I'm glad she didn't jump on him, because he had a lot of bruises and scretches on his arms and some on belly as well.

"Heyy you're home! Get prepared boys, dinner is almost ready!" Dad shouted and went to Jack.
"It's good to see you again." He smiled at him and shook his hand. What's wrong with my family?

"Oh, and you can call me Jeff if you want to." My dad winked at him. Dad c'mon you're embarrassing me..

"Dinner is ready!" My mum shouted. We came to the kitchen. We could see a lot of food on the table. It was very weird, I've never seen so much food before at home. We sat down and started eating.
"So, Jack, what are your parents doing like a job?" My mum asked him. I looked at him.
"Well, my dad is engineer and in free time he is fishing and selling it in market." He smiled at her.
"Wow, that's great! What about your mother?"
It was quiet at the whole house. I shook my head to my mum.
"What?" she whispered.
Jack looked at me and I looked at him back. He smiled so I smiled back.
"My mum was a waitress at Brook's favourite cafeteria." He answered.
"Oh I see. And what is she doing now?" She asked curiously.
"Mum.." I said quietly but loud enough for her to hear that.
"No Brook, that's alright." He smiled at me and put his hand on my leg.
"She passed out a few months ago." He said still eating the dinner. When I looked at mum's reaction, she realized why I acted like that.
"I'm sorry I didn't know that." She apologized and she felt embarrassed I could see.
"That's alright Mrs. Wyatt, she was a lovely woman and I can remember only the good things." He was still smiling. He's so strong, I'm so proud of him.

"Me too." I said after a while.
"Wait you knew her?" My dad asked surprised.
"Well of course I did. She worked at my favourite cafeteria." I laughed. "But I knew her more than some waitress." I smiled at Jack. He took my hand.
"That's true. But you didn't know it till today." He giggled.
"What do you mean?" My dad asked.
"It's complicated." I explained. He just nodded.
"Well, it's quite late but we love spending time with you, tomorrow is Saturday so why couldn't you sleep here?" I was very very surprised my mum said that.
"I mean I could but my dad-" he stopped his thought.
"Actually I could call my uncle to beg him if he could lie a little bit for me. He's kind uncle. My mum's brother." He smiled, took his phone and walked away.
"He's a good boy." Me dad said.
"Yes, he is, but remember what I told you, even though you trust him, you should still be careful." My mum told me.
"I love him." Eleanor smiled. I giggled. I smiled and kissed her forehead. Jack came back, we were waiting for his answer.
"Great, I can stay here." He smiled. I was glad he'll stay. At least I'll be sure he's safe.

Sorry if there are some mistakes I didn't check it again hahah😂 I hope you like this chapter, if you do, vote for it please and if you like this story, share it then and I'll have inspiration to publish it more❤️ Love ya guys❤️