The final chapter - "Take me home."

5 years later

I know I jumped so many years later and you're asking "what happened?" Well.. I finished high school and went to college. I live now in a house which is very small but cute and modern inside. What about Lucy? Well, she got married with Pete (yeah they got married crazy right?) I'm seeing them once a month, talking about news and stuff. They were still trying to find me a perfect boyfriend but I was still inlove with him. Jack Duff.
I didn't see him the whole five years till.. till today.

Yesterday

I got some letter in my mailbox so I opened it and I couldn't believe what was there..

Daniel Duff

3th May 1968-14th January 2019

Come to the funeral 19th January at 3pm to say the last goodbye to our old friend. He was very strong and strict, but when there was some problem about his family, he knew how to save it.

Wait what.. he really died?.. but that's.. that's today and why I got that invitation?
I looked at my watch and there was 2:45pm
Well I won't come early I can see. But I should go there.

One hour later

There's no one, so I just came to the grave of Jack's father and fell on my knees and started crying that everything is messed up.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, I looked up and there he is. Jack Richard Daniel Duff.
"I thought you've already gone home."
"Nah I haven't. I was thinking about everything on bench over there." He said and pointed at some old bench.
"Oh I see. Well.. I'm so sorry about your loss."
"That's alright. I knew he'll pass soon cause he was very ill."
I just nodded.

We were quiet for a few minutes, until Jack told something to me.
"He apologized.."
I looked at him confused.
"What do you mean?"
"He apologized for what has he done to us when we have been in my room, do you remember?"
"Yeah, I do. What did he say?"
"He said 'I am really sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to. I was just.. so disappointed cause I was looking forward for your wife and your kids and just.. with guy you can't have kids, I mean, like your own kids. But I know you have Emily only because you wanted me to be proud of you. And to be honest, I really am. You gave up on your dream because of your mean old father, who wasn't happy with your sexuality-" Jack didn't finish it cause his voice cracked. I looked at him and I could see tears falling down his cheek.

"Shhhh.. It's okay.." I got up and hugged him. Jack was crying even more.
I had one question in my head since Jack has found me here.
"Jack?" I said quietly.
He pulled from the hug and looked at my eyes.
"I'm sorry, but where's Emily? I thought she was on funeral with you."

He couldn't help but smiled a little bit about my question.
"Me and Emily broke up 2 years ago."
I was shocked. I didn't know that.
"Wait what? Why? What happened?"
"Because she knew about my sexuality and about my father, that I wanted him to be proud of me so I started dating her."
"Oh man I'm so sorry."
"Are you really?"
"Umh yeah why are you like that?"
"I'm not sure if you are really sorry cause you're smiling like an idiot." He said with laughter.
"Ehm, I'm not." I looked at the trees to calm down and to stop smiling, but I couldn't help myself.

After a few moments I stopped.
"So, you're really sorry.." Jack smirked and came a little bit closer to me.
"Yeah, I am." I said seriously with poker face.
"Really.." he came even closer till we weren't a few inches from each other.
"Yeah umh, actually..-" I was ready to say I'm actually happy they broke up, but Jack started kissing me. I was really shocked but then, I was kissing him back.

He pulled away after a few minutes to take a breath and smiled at me like never before.
I smiled back.
He took my hand, taking me somewhere.
"Where are we going?" I asked confused.
"Home."

And now? Just now? I'm finishing writing this book and Jack is smiling next to me.
We've been through a lot but since we were together for the first time, we knew we're meant for each other. I love him, he loves me. And even though I hated him because he bullied me..
He changed my mind because..
He's the love of my life and I'm his. And that's how it is.

So.. How did you like this story?😏❤️ Tell me your opinion in the comments! This is probably the only book I'm gonna write. But we'll see, maybe I'll change my mind.😌