Chapter fourteen - "I wish we could be together."

I came home. Nobody was there and I was very glad for it because I didn't want my parents to be mad at me I didn't go to school. I just made some tea and went upstairs to my room.
I lied down on my bed and started thinking about stuff. About Jack.
I was just so confused why he did that. I felt confused, hurt, wanted to cry. But I was just lying on my bed and didn't know what to do. He knows where I live of course but I don't know where he does because they have moved out. Maybe Mikey will know?
Nah.. I don't think so.. But I can still call him tho.

"Hello?"
"Hi Mikey.. it's Brook."
"Hey, do you know finally something about Jack? Where is he?"
"Well.. I saw him but I have no idea where he is.. he just..-"
"What..? What happened Brook?"
Tears just started falling down my cheeks. I felt so lost without Jack..
"Umh.. he.." my voice was cracking and shaking.
"He came to school and told me that this is his last day at this school and he dumped me.. Mikey I don't know what to do.. He just left.. He kissed me for the last time and just left. I can't handle it anymore. I feel so weak without him.. He told me he decided to go back to his father and they had moved out somewhere so I will not be able to find him, not even the police.." I just burst out crying. I couldn't handle it. I just put the phone next to me and hugged my knees. I let my tears just falling down and getting wet my t-shirt.
"Brook.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't know that bro.. If you'd need anyone, I'm here for you, okay? You can just talk to me or come to my house anytime you want."
I just sobbed. I didn't know what to do with my life.

Then I heard the doorbell downstairs.
"I'll call you later Mikey. Someone is at the door."
I hung up and went there. It was pretty late and I was still home alone cause my parents and Eleanor are at aunt's so they'll come home late. At least tomorrow is Saturday.

I opened the door and there was someone I didn't expect at all.
"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.
"I love you Brook." He whispered. I could smell his breath which was like an alcohol. Disgusting.
"You don't. You're drunk. Go back home, Jack. You dumped me just a few hours ago, don't be mad." I was glad I saw him but I was still so confused and kinda angry.
"I really love you, I swear." He leaned in and kissed me. I was disgusted and not only because of his breath. Also because of his behaviour. I just didn't get it.
I pulled away and sighed. I couldn't send him home  so I just sat him down on the couch. I went to the kitchen and got him some water. When I came back, I could see him sleeping. I sighed and smiled a bit because I couldn't help myself, he was just so cute.. He was too drunk and I just didn't have a heart to send him home. I didn't want to be mean to him even though he dumped me a few hours ago.
I sat next to him and was just looking at him the whole time. I kissed his cheek and he moved a little bit. I was thinking about my parents cause I didn't want them to find Jack here. I decided to very gently lift him up and take him to my room. I lied him down on my bed, very carefully took off his shoes and trousers (Remember that vlog right?) and prepared the mattress, a small pillow and sheet for me. I just felt like we were dating again. But we weren't. I just couldn't fall asleep.
"Brook please forgive me." He mumbled. He's dreaming about something again.
"Brook please.. I didn't mean to.. It's his fault.." he mumbled again.

"Brook?" Now he said that in normal volume of his voice.
"What?" I looked at him annoyed.
"Why do you do that?"
"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Why are you so kind to me when you should be pissed?"
"Because I love you.." I giggled.
"You don't. I dumped you."
"That doesn't mean I don't love you. That means you don't love me."
"That's not like that. It's complicated." He whispered.
"Tell me then.." I whispered too.
He didn't answer.
"Jack?"
He fell asleep. Great, really great.

In the morning

I opened my eyes and realized what happened last night. I had a massive headache so I got up to get some pills.
I came downstairs and got some water. I swallowed the pills and went back to my room. I just realized Jack isn't here. Where is he?
I saw some little piece of paper on my bed. I took it and read it out.

Sorry what happened last night. I can't remember much, I just know that I did a huge mistake and I shouldn't go to your place. Thank you for taking care of me when I was drunk even though I dumped you. I wish you all the happiness in life, I'll always remember you. I wish we could be together.
Love, Jack.

I wish we could be together? What does that mean?

Opinions?💖
The story is going to end🤫
How do you think it will end? Tell me in the comments below!