Chapter 10: Waltz

A/n: Before I start this chapter i'd like to thank you all for 24k reads!! Everyone who takes the time to read this silly fanfic means the world to me :) thank you! I think you all will really like this chapter.

Time for the dance!

I wished I had time to do my hair, or even apply a little makeup, but alas. Cedric will have to make do with how I look now. I suppose the dress makes up for it. It's rather pretty, and at least I don't have to show up in my school robes. That would certainly be embarrassing!

After running through multiple hallways, I found Cedric standing by himself outside the Great Hall. He must've been there for a while.

"Cedric!" I called.

In my opinion, he looked much more put together than I did. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a bow tie, and had a formal black robe draped over himself.

"I am so sorry Cedric! Professor Snape gave me detention and I-"

"It's alright y/n. I'm just glad you showed up." He gave me a weak smile, and offered me his arm.

"You look wonderful by the way. That dress brings out your features perfectly."

I blushed and lowered my head at his words, recalling where this elusive dress came from. Thanks Snape.

With my head still lowered, Cedric and I walked into the Great Hall, arm in arm. It would've been quite memorable if my mind wasn't somewhere else. I was thinking about what had happened beforehand.

Was I just flirting with Professor Snape? Is that what happened back there in the classroom? Oh Merlin-

"Y/n?" Cedric said, cutting off my thoughts.

Did he say something? I raised my eyes instantly to meet his. How embarrassing that I wasn't paying attention.

"Do you want me to go get us something to drink?" he asked, smiling softly.

"Oh, sure Cedric! That'd be nice." I replied, smiling back. Cedric nodded and left me alone to go get the drinks. I let my mind drift to other things.

I wonder if Professor Snape is here yet? I thought to myself, scanning the room in earnest. Where is he?

After a few minutes my eyes managed to find Hermione and Ron, Headmaster Dumbledore, Draco and Pansy, Harry, but no Professor Snape. I impulsively let out a sigh.

At least the hall looked amazing. It was filled with spring decorations and way more food than I would've imagined. There was even a live orchestra—quite the getup.

"Y/n? Is that you?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. It wasn't Cedric.

Who would've been looking for me?

I turned around to be faced with him. Are you kidding me?

"Hi Tom." I sighed, wishing that it had been literally anybody else.

"Don't act like you aren't happy to see me," he laughed. "Are you here alone?"

"No. I actually have a date." I scoffed, folding my arms. Tom rolled his eyes and walked closer to me.

"Oh, the little princess has a date? Who might that be?"

"Cedric Diggory." I proudly stated.