Chapter 11: Coffee Mishaps

It had been a few nights since the elusive dance, and the spring holiday was finally here! A break was long overdue. Or perhaps I was just excited to sleep in.

Regardless, I decided to stay at Hogwarts for the week..... for no reason in particular of course.

It was only a coincidence Severus was also staying. It's not like I was beyond ecstatic to spend a week practically alone with the man I liked. Pshh, nah. Only a coincidence. I swear on my mum!

Fast forward to around... 8 pm.

I was currently wrapped up in a blanket (the dungeons could get quite chilly, honestly) sitting in a chair next to Severus' desk. He was attentively grading essays, his quill cascading over the parchment like a boat over the sea.

The contrast between us was actually quite amusing. I felt extremely un-elegant sitting next to him.

"Don't you ever get tired of grading papers?" I asked him, my chin resting on my arm.
We were right next to each other, but the entire time he payed practically no mind to me, seldom speaking unless I spoke first.

"Only when they're written by students like this." He grumbled, holding up a second year's messy parchment.

I chuckled, remembering myself in year two, with my pimply face and braces. I'm certainly glad I don't look like that anymore! Snape would probably pay even less attention to me if I did....But I shouldn't think like that.

I turned my attention back to Severus, seeing him furiously writing away.

He's been grading papers for a while hasn't he? That's worrying...

"Could I get you a cup of coffee? Anything? It must be awfully tiresome." I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Please?"

Severus glanced at me with narrow eyes, as if on the verge of declining, before looking down and letting out a sigh.

"I suppose it wouldn't do any harm, if you insist."

I smiled and shuffled out of my blanket, folding it neatly on the chair.

"I won't be more than a minute Severus!"

-

During seasonal holidays the kitchen elves severed food all day and all night. A blessing really. It made it easy for me to grab a coffee for Severus (though Hermione might criticize my use of the elves at 8 pm...Oh well).

On the topic of coffee, (contrary to popular belief) Snape doesn't actually take his black. Three creams, three sugars, with a cauldron cake on the side-if he's in a bad mood. (he told me the coffee bit, I figured out the cake by chance.)

I could help but to continue to think about him, and worry as I walked. I sincerely hope he takes a break when I get back... You really need one Severus!

I sighed and quietly moved through the hallways, careful not to draw any attention to myself. I shouldn't be out after all, I'm not a prefect... but the kitchen elves don't need to know that.

"Can I have a coffee three and three, please?" I asked one of the elves.

"Oh, of course Miss!" he replied, scurrying into the kitchen with a smile on his wrinkled face.

If you didn't stay at Hogwarts on holidays you probably wouldn't never see the elves. They usually work extremely quickly.

"Here you go Miss!" The elf said enthusiastically, handing me the hot coffee. That was quick.