CHAPTER 16

HEY, SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING, HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was hard at work, getting the ship ready to depart. I've seen this episode plenty of times to know what to do, but every time I try to help, they push me away and say that they had it covered. I would give occasional advise on how to do something so that the process went by faster, but it seems that every time something is finished before the time it was supposed to in the show, something would go wrong. we cleared the rudders quickly, only to find that one was stuck behind a rock. It wasn't like that in the show, it worried me a little. what would happen if we didn't make it off this island? could I really die?

I shook those thoughts out of my head and focused on the task at hand. I didn't want the others to worry about me and forget to do their tasks, then we would all die. I decided it would be best if I stayed with kurapika in the captains courters and help with the communications, it was better than doing nothing all day.

"Kurapika, how's it going? you figure out how to fire the cannons?" hanzo asked through one of the phone pipes. "things here are going as well as to be expected. both the first and the second guns aren't too badly damaged, they should be able to fire a constant barrage. And there shouldn't be a problem loading the shells into them"

"good work."

"all that's left to do is actually load them. those shells... I sure hope leorio finds some. we've looked and there aren't any left on the ship." hanzo confirmed.

"our best bet is to scour the area below the ship and the area next to it. if he goes too far, then there could be trouble." I said into the pipe. if I remember correctly, leorio should be getting dressed in that old diving suit right about now. "hey hanzo?"

"yeah kiddo?"

"are killua and gon with you right now?" I asked.

"yeah, they're here."

"What's up?" killua's voice echoed through the old and rusted pipe.

"I want the three of you to promise me that leorio will be okay. if he doesn't come up in time, then he will run out of air and he will die."

"he'll be okay, I swear!" Gon shouted.

"Ow. not so loud gon, that hurt!" I shouted back.

"is everything alright with you Kira? you've been acting a little off." killua asked.

"I'm fine, I just have a bad feeling is all. all that I ask is that you be careful and look out for each other. we need to work as a team if this plan is going to work." I said.

"There is nothing to worry about." hanzo spoke suddenly. "we'll keep and eye on leorio and if he doesn't come up in time then we will pull him up with the rope we have."

I shook my head. there was no way that a rope will be able to pull him free once he gets himself caught underneath those heavy shells. all I can do is hope and pray that he is safe. I trust them, but I've changed a lot by just being here, for all I know, we could all end up dead.

"I trust you guys, so don't let me down."

"I trust them too." leorio's voice startled me. I jumped up and tripped over my own feet, causing me to fall backwards.

"Alright, lets run the dia- woah!" Kurapika was cut off by me falling on top of him in a heap.

my face met the beautifully soft surface that is the wood floor. Groaning in pain I attempted to sit up, but felt something wrapped around my waist.

"Kurapika, you can let go now."

"Mhmnf fmnafn" came his muffled reply.

"wait, OH MY GOD!" I jumped to my feet and crossed my arms over my chest n a defensive manner. Kurapika was still laying on the floor, a blushing mess with blood trickling out of his nose.

"Kiddo? you alright?" leorio asked.

"Yep, perfectly fine." I laughed nervously and brushed off the imaginary dirt from my shorts.

"Okay, if you say so. I have to go now, but I will come see you when all of the shells are up, kay?"

"Fine, I will see you then." I heard leorio walking away from the pipe and the sound of distant splashing. Now all I could do is wait.

I needed some air, so I left the still blushing kurapika on the ground and made my way to the main deck for some much needed space. the sun was shinning high in the sky, shivers ran down my spine at the thought of what was to come next. About an hour later, the sun began to set and the sky became an ominous grey. The wind picked up and it quickly became chilly. I rubbed my arms for warmth, but the worry that I felt made everything else feel dull.

"Kira, you should come inside." one of the omori brothers, I guess the youngest one, called me in.

"I'm coming!" With one last look out at the endless sea, I turned and ran back into the safety of the ship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY, I KNOW THAT ITS BEEN A WHILE, BUT I HAVENT FOUND THE TIME NOR THE INSPIRATION TO CONTINUE WRITING, BUT I HAVE NOW AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF DISCONTINUING THIS BOOK. AT LEAST NOT FOR A WHILE. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING AND APPREACIATE ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT. THANK YOU AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE. I JUST HAVE A TENDANCY TO FORGET THINGS.