two

"Well...well." The voice of Vernon is irritating as all hell first thing in the morning to Julian, yet he still keeps his head low, picking at the scab on his knuckle. "Here we are! I want to congratulate you for being on time..." he trails off, a feminine voice speaking.

"Excuse me, sir? I think there's a mistake. I know it's detention, but I don't think I belong in here-" A loud snort ends Claire's talking. She looks back, as does Andrew, finding Julian smiling softly, shaking his head tiredly. Hell, even Bender looks back, a smile slowly creeping up on his face. It disappears though, the rebel looking forward.

"Well, it is now seven-oh-six. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you are here. To ponder the error of your ways-" Before Vernon is able to continue, an indescribable sound is heard, forcing even Jc to look up, discovering John Bender spitting into the air before catching it. Though disgusting, it is a cool skill. "Charming," the elder states.

"You will not talk. You will not change seats. And you-" he points at Bender, " will not sleep." A moment passes, letting sink in for no reason before continuing. "Alright people, we're gonna try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay—of no less than a thousand words—describing to me who you think you are," Vernon states, passing out pencil and paper.

"Pop quiz!" Jc points out, giving lazy jazz hands. Damn, it's like Julian got soaked in sarcasm instead of rain. Bender bits his lip, forcing the laugh down his throat.

"And when I say essay...I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender?" Vernon continued, stopping at John's table once more.

"Crystal," the male states blankly, messing with his fingerless gloves.

"Good. Maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even decide whether or not you care to return." Julian pokes his tongue at the inside of his mouth. He has Saturday detention for four more weeks. He doesn't have a damn choice. "My office," he points out, "is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?"

"Out of every word, why the fuck did you use monkey business?" Julian scoffs, "Like I know you're old and you think everyone younger than you is a baby but where all sixteen and over," Julian shrugs.

"Another Saturday, Camel."

"Its Camus, retard."

"Another." Jc shrugs again, leaning back in his chair. Bender turns around in his seat, looking at the male. This is the first time he's looked at the male, or seen him around school in general. Intriguing. "Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." Vernon gets the last word, walking out finally.

"Yeah, buncha' bullshit," Julian grumbles, placing his feet on the carpeted floor.

"That man is a brownie hound," Bender states a loud. Jc shakes his head softly, placing the pencil in between his teeth.