five

"What do you say we close that door. We can't have any kind of party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds." Bender gets up from his seat, ending the awkwardness and moves to the railing, hopping up and sitting on it.

"The door is supposed to stay open..." Brian trails off.

"And?" Julian cuts in, not really caring what happens.

"And we should follow the rules! So how about you shut up! There's four other people than you two assholes."

"I didn't know you could count," Jc states blankly. Andrew glares daggers at the boy.

"You know I knew you had to be smart to be a wrestler," Bender butts in, turning Andrew's anger towards him.

"Who are you to judge?"

"Really," Claire eggs on.

"You know, Bender...you don't even count. I mean if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist at this school." The look on Bender's face makes Julian stand up swiftly, speaking before he thinks.

"You think anyone will remember you? Andrew, you're just going to be another lost cause. And you're going to be another homeless guy on the street screaming he could've been in the Olympics with a needle up his arm. So how about you shut the fuck up?" Jc scoffs. He only gets a glare, before getting delivered the same treatment Bender was given.

"Oh, and you think you're so great. I'm surprised your parents haven't kicked you out for sucking dick yet. You're nothing. The only reason people know you is 'cause of you being a fairy. Without it, you could disappear without anyone giving a shit."

Julian bites his lip, taking in a heavy breath. He can feel his anger beginning to tip over before he exhales silently, speaking as if he wasn't told no one gives a fuck about him. "I'll go join the wrestling team then."

"Yeah," Bender adds on slowly. "Maybe the prep club too! Student council."

"No, they wouldn't take you," Andrew laughs.

"Rude," Julian states bluntly.

"You know why guys like you knock everything?" Claire questions.

"This'll be great," Julian groans, leaning against his own table.

"It's 'cause you're afraid."

"Afraid? Of you?" Jc emphasizes, pointing at himself and then the preps.

"Damn, you ritchies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities!" Bender adds, mocking enthusiasm.

"You're a big coward."

"I've been called that my entire life. Get a different insult," Jc says, folding his arms. Bender takes a quick glance at him, thinking the way he has his arms folded reminds him of a pouty kid. He nearly lets a laugh leave him, but allows it to subside, going back to his normal stature.