Chapter 5

***Kate's P.O.V***

After Harry walked out the door, I sat at one of the restaurant tables. All I did was bite at my chipped painted finger nails just thinking of everything that just happened. I had a couple minutes to think, my mom had to help clean up the kitchen before we leave. Honestly, right now I'm shaking. I could feel my legs shaking a little still from nervousness. All of this feels so.....unreal. But, it is real. I'd already be completely overwhelmed with any hot boy at school asking me out, but Harry, man Harry, this over does it. Holy shit. While I was biting my nails, a habit I always do, my phone vibrated. I was expecting it to be Addison, counting that she wanted me to call or text her on what happened. Once I tell her everything that happened, she will go bizarre. She loves One Direction a lot more than me.. It wasn't Addison the text was from though. It wasn't a number I knew, that's when I figured. Harry.

"Hey, it's Harry. I'm really glad I met you tonight. You excited for that date I'm gonna be taking you on?" A gigantic smile formed on my face slowly as I read the text. That's when I looked up to hear my mom's voice.

"What are you smiling about Kate?" She asked smiling showing all her pearly whites. Just like how my mom was my best friend, she always wanted a inscoop on what's going on in my teenage life. I don't really mind her asking, it's not that big of a deal anyways.

"Oh, it's nothing." I smile trying to convince her, but fail. From the look, she doesn't at all look like she believes me. She just nods with a smirk and walks away. I would tell her later on about what just happened, but not right now. Myself still needs to process it. Also sometimes I find it a little awkward when it comes to boys, because literally my mom asks so many questions. I love her for that though, it's what best friends do. As she walked away that's when I decided to text back to Harry.

"Oh hey. I'm happy I met you too. honestly seems kinda unreal that I met you guys" I said admitting the truth on what was on my mind. Harry texted me back within a minute.

"So I see you're a One Direction fan? " I smirked reading the text with a light laugh.

"Actually yes.. but that not BIG of a fan."

"Good, I don't want you to be obsessing over me & my lads too. " I laughed at that text, he's so.. charming, not about the text he just sent to me. I'm talking about in general. My mom told me we were leaving the restaurant once I had finished reading my text message from Harry. I walked towards my moms silver prius in the chilly air. It's gotten a lot chillier in the past couple hours. I hopped into the front seat of the car waiting for my mom to get in, she was a little behind cause she had to close the restaurant and make sure it was locked and everything. I turned my attention to my phone and replied to Harry's text.

"You won't need to worry about that. "

"Oh wow, I'm hurt Kateeee. Well I'm gonna go take a shower then head off to bed, I'm wicked tired. Took all my strength to ask someone that beautiful out on a date. Goodnight. :)" I could feel my face burn up to that text. It was crazy how much I've blushed this evening. I knew he was joking about taking all his strength to ask me on a date, counting that he was very confident and determined when he asked me. But, just him complimenting me with calling me beautiful again made me so happy.

"You're very cheesy, Harry Styles. Goodnight." 

On the way back home in the car, my mom just asked me if I had fun tonight and some simple questions like that for conversation. After our conversation I turned the radio up to "Let It Go" by James Bay. I looked at my messages once again just cause it made me so happy reading them. I noticed I haven't put Harry numbers into my contacts list yet. I took his number and listed his name in my contacts as "Styles".